Re: FS basics: pronouns, verbs, numerals etc

  • Roly Sookias/Roley Sukius
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 4, 2007
      Yikes. I have to say I didn't realise all this stuff was still so up
      in the air! I think it'll be a rather long time before we have one
      language. I was vaguely using something like ig/mi, du/di, he/him,
      si/hir, wi/uss, ji/iu, de/dem. As for "wese" I was on "iss", "ar" and
      optional "bi" for first and maybe second person singular. For the past
      "war" and maybe "was" as optional singular. Also "wes" for the present
      for every person would be allowable, just like I was thinking of
      allowing both "swimmd" and "swamm".

      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 7, 2007
        --- In folkspraak@yahoogroups.com, "stefichjo" <sts@...> wrote:

        > > > That's my point. So "hun" and "han" would be appropriate FS
        words,
        > > > even though there are excluesively Scandy (except if somebody
        can
        > > > prove that they are related to DE "Huhn" and DE "Hahn").
        > >
        > > No man, because we've agreed long ago that English, German, Dutch
        > > and "Scandinavian" all count as a quarter for Folksprak. So in
        this
        > > case the Scandinavian form counts for just one quarter, but the
        West
        > > Germanic ones for three quarters. The conclusion is obvious...
        I.R.

        > I don't remember such an agreement. I think there isn't one.
        > English, German and Dutch should be counted as "Western Germanic"
        then.

        No, there is and has been for ages. It is mentioned in so many
        messages the last year, you must have read that. Because of the
        number of speakers, the Scandinavian languages are counted as one, so
        Danish, Swedish and Norwegian together weigh as much as German, or as
        Dutch, or as English.
        You'll remember that for Middelsprake, I had eight source languages
        that I equally weighed: English, German, Dutch, Low Saxon, Danish,
        Swedish, Frisian and New Norwegian. But this number and method was
        considered inadequate, so after lots of discussion changed to the
        present method. I changed this because I try to find agreement and
        workability, otherwise there is no way to get progression in FS.

        I don't think we should discuss this kind of thinks again, and we
        should try to get a majority, and not stick to our own things coute
        que coute, and delay everything.