14620Strong verbs and separated infinitives

  • fangthewerewolf
    Dec 22, 2013
      Part of me thinks all verbs must be regular ("weak") in an auxlang, but I'm willing to go along with Folksprak's irregular verbs. My advice, for what it's worth, is that they should be kept to a minimum (e.g. no more than 30) and that dictionaries and grammars should list them all up front, instead of leaving people with an Easter-egg hunt to find them.

      Does Folksprak take a position in regard to the Germanic natlang practice of separating finite verbs from their complementary infinitives? (Digression: I don't like the terms "finite" and "infinite", but nvm.) For example, which of these is correct?

      Ik vil lerne Folksprak.
      Ik vil Folksprak lerne.

      As a native English speaker, I hope it's the first one exclusively!
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic