14618Re: [FOLKSPRAAK] Adjective or adverb?

  • Fenris
    Dec 22, 2013
      Am 22.12.2013 17:20, schrieb rpbmorris@...:

      Thanks for the fast reply Christian. Yes, moving the adverb works, so we should either edit the word-order rules to include this, or do something more drastic like introduce an adverb ending or impose adjectival agreement.

      (I was referring to two or three different grammars...)

      Another thing I've noticed is a wavering between short and long vowels, especially in the pairs en/ën and de/dë. It seems to me that the sensible approach is to have five short and five long vowels -- namely, a, aa, e, ej, i, ij, o, ow, u, uw -- with diphthongs admissible, so the indefinite article becomes "en" (lax or reduced vowel), the numeral one becomes "ejn" (tense/long vowel), the definite article "de", and the third-person nominative plural pronoun "dej". No diereses needed!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic