14607Re: [folkspraak] Status of Folksprak

  • Fenris
    Jul 21, 2013
      Hello, Darryl

      /It gladen mig, at du vil vete um dis projekt!/

      I can not confirm that there is a version of Folksprak, that all agree
      with. Instead there are still many different proposals. In order to
      structure these i created a Wiki to gather and compare them:
      http://folkspraak.de.vu Unfortunately the participation was quite low
      until now.

      Regarding the word-formation: As far as i know no special algorithm was
      used to form words from the source-languages. I started to expand the
      word formation guide lines, that David Park created (see
      http://folkspraak.bfadmin.schokokeks.org/wiki/Guidelines_for_word_formation);
      but it's still more like a draft yet. I currently work on a small
      software for Folkspraks vocabulary --- something like a dictionary based
      on grammatical rules and a wordlist. It's not ready yet, but i will
      inform via the mailing-list when it's done.

      David started a facebook-group some months ago, but i don't know how it
      is going since i avoid any contact with facebook. If you don't you could
      take a look at it. Otherwise/additionally you could drop by in the
      IRC-channel ##folkspraak on freenode.net (Webchat-Link
      <http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##folkspraak>).

      Greetings,
      Christian