Question/Feature Request

  • mr_apocalypse2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2009
      Folks -

      First Post! :)

      There are a few features that I've come to expect in programs like Acorn. One that I'm sorely missing is the option to show Rulers on the Top & Left side of the window.

      I'd also like to deal with units of measure *other* than pixels. Sometimes Pixels are what I need... but I'd like some options (inches, decimal inches, centimeters, pixels, etc). Especially when I'm creating a new document, I'd like to specify the canvas size in inches rather than pixels.

      I looked over the documentation and did some searching in the help files but couldn't find any way to add/enable rulers or change the units of measure. Am I missing something? :)

      That said, I think Acorn is a great program. :)
      Larry
    • Gus Mueller
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2009
        Hello Larry, comments inline below:
        On Sep 13, 2009, at 12:10 PM, mr_apocalypse2001 wrote:

        > First Post! :)

        Welcome!

        > There are a few features that I've come to expect in programs like
        > Acorn. One that I'm sorely missing is the option to show Rulers on
        > the Top & Left side of the window.

        Check back tomorrow, for an updated Acorn? :) (Or maybe even the
        latest builds page this evening: http://flyingmeat.com/download/
        latest/ )

        > I'd also like to deal with units of measure *other* than pixels.
        > Sometimes Pixels are what I need... but I'd like some options
        > (inches, decimal inches, centimeters, pixels, etc). Especially when
        > I'm creating a new document, I'd like to specify the canvas size in
        > inches rather than pixels.

        This is on the todo list, but unfortunately isn't addressed in the
        next release. It's a high priority though.

        <snip>
        > That said, I think Acorn is a great program. :)

        Thanks!

        -gus

        --

        August 'Gus' Mueller
        Flying Meat Inc.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
          Hello all -

          Gus, correct me if I'm missing it, but I don't see the option for the ruler to use inches rather than pixels. Any chance this can be added?

          TIA!
          Larry (the persistent nag) :)

          --- In fmacorn@yahoogroups.com, Gus Mueller <gus@...> wrote:

          > Hello Larry, comments inline below:
          > On Sep 13, 2009, at 12:10 PM, mr_apocalypse2001 wrote:
          >
          > > First Post! :)
          >
          > Welcome!
          >
          > > There are a few features that I've come to expect in programs like
          > > Acorn. One that I'm sorely missing is the option to show Rulers on
          > > the Top & Left side of the window.
          >
          > Check back tomorrow, for an updated Acorn? :) (Or maybe even the
          > latest builds page this evening: http://flyingmeat.com/download/
          > latest/ )
          >
          > > I'd also like to deal with units of measure *other* than pixels.
          > > Sometimes Pixels are what I need... but I'd like some options
          > > (inches, decimal inches, centimeters, pixels, etc). Especially when
          > > I'm creating a new document, I'd like to specify the canvas size in
          > > inches rather than pixels.
          >
          > This is on the todo list, but unfortunately isn't addressed in the
          > next release. It's a high priority though.
          >
          > <snip>
          > > That said, I think Acorn is a great program. :)
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > -gus
          >
          > --
          >
          > August 'Gus' Mueller
          > Flying Meat Inc.
          > http://flyingmeat.com/

        • Gus Mueller
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2011
            On Jan 26, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Larry wrote:

            > Gus, correct me if I'm missing it, but I don't see the option for the ruler to use inches rather than pixels. Any chance this can be added?

            There's a very good chance this will be added.

            -gus

            --

            August 'Gus' Mueller
            Flying Meat Inc.