Construction Update

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2013
      The latest prognostication I've received from our contractors is that Phase II of the taxiway relocation project will begin just after Labor Day. The barriers restricting access to the South ramp will be removed and that portion of the ramp that was restricted will be restored to normal use. The newly-constructed North ramp will be available for use along with its new north access to the parallel taxiway. The North and South ends of the parallel taxiway will reopen and serve as the sole access to the runway.

      The parallel taxiway will be closed from A3 to A5 inclusively until the end of the project around the middle of October. Also during this phase a new electrical vault will be enplaced just North of Aviation Suites which will containg all the airport's lighting circuits now housed within Aviation Suites.

      During this last phase of construction the only way to get back and forth from the two ramps will be to use the runway.
      There will be a lot of 180's on the runway after landing to get to the destination ramp so we need everyone to continue to be extremely vigilant. Remember, auto's are strictly prohibited from using the runway at all times.

      Lots of stuff going on with all the fire fighters and construction so keep eyes open, talk on the radio a lot and lets finish this project without mishap.

      That is all.