Derech Hateva Applications Online

  • Derech
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Applications for Derech Hateva's Israel Trail Teen Adventure are available for downloading on our website, www.derechhateva.org!

      The Israel Trail Teen Adventure (ITTA) is a month-long outdoor program for Jewish teens between the ages of 14-18 from North America, Israel and around the world. Participants backpack in small groups of 9-12 and explore continuous sections of the famous "Israel Trail" in the North & South, while hiking with a respect for nature. The groups discover how to work as a team, while developing outdoor living and leadership skills, keeping Shabbat in the woods, and learning Jewish and other engaging texts on topics directly relating to their experiences. The program also includes biking, rock-climbing and volunteering and a special desert trek with camels all along the Israel Trail. Each group has 2-3 highly-trained staff members who act as Israeli nature guides and outdoor skills/Jewish educators, speaking English & Hebrew. All Derech Hateva programs are kosher and Shomer Shabbat. ITTA includes separate Orthodox and Multi-Denominational groups.

      The dates for Session I of ITTA 2010 are July 4th - August 3rd for female groups and July 5th - August 3rd for male groups. This year we will also be offering Session II, a shorter two week program from August 9th - August 24th.

      You may visit our website, www.derechhateva.org to download the application and for more information.