Re: [floridafasttrain] Fwd: [LRPPro] On Maglev and Transit Use

  • Atlee Yarrow
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Leading expert and manager? Me thinks he has rocks in the head and follows the easy money like one of the sheep. The writing is more of opinion and antiquated facts without continuity.

      "Fred M. Cain" <fredmcain@...> wrote: Here's an interesting post from another group by a leading transit
      expert and manager. The gentle knows what he's talking about.

      Regards,
      Fred M. Cain

      --- In LRPPro@yahoogroups.com, stennyson@... wrote:

      While the reversion to do with much less oil will come slower than
      he contemplates, he is on the right track except for Mag-Lev. He
      says
      he does not understand it and he is so right. Mag-Lev does NOT
      operate
      without fuel. It uses so much electricity that China killed all plans
      for extending Mag-Lev and went back to TGV or ICE or Shinkansen type
      rail trains. Mag-Lev has no rails. It is a bobsled run.on the
      level.
      Take it with a grain of salt but do pay some attention.as our
      problems are mounting .
      In 1941, we were abandoning rail transit in and between cities
      very
      fast. In 1942, it was impermissable to abandon any rail service and
      in
      1943 rail use had doubled. We had gasoline, tire and auto rationing
      (no
      new autos at all) We not only survived but we won the war. The only
      difference now is we have Bush and Cheney led by Karl Rove. Maybe we
      will wake up and smell the coffee by 2008.
      E d T e n n y s o n

      --- End forwarded message ---

      SUPPORT PASSENGER RAIL!!!!