[ABSAbiosafety] ABSA Basic Disinfection Blended Learning Opportunity!
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 12:10:29 -0400
Subject: [ABSAbiosafety] ABSA Basic Disinfection Blended Learning Opportunity!================================
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
An ABSA Distance Learning Course
Online modules are starting now!
Live Webinars are May 16 and 23, 2014
A blended learning opportunity
May 16 and 23, 2014
1:00PM - 3:00PM (CDT)
Basic Disinfection is a comprehensive online course, introducing the essential elements of disinfection. You will engage in interactive, virtual exercises with practical applications and problem solving related to basic disinfection procedures and tasks. This is a blended learning course incorporating a self-paced learning module and two 2-hour live webinar sessions, over two days. The self-paced portion of the course will begin the week of April 21, 2014. Log-in will begin at 12:50 pm (CDT) on May 16 and May 23 for the webinar portion of the training. Each 2-hour session will conclude by 3:00 pm (CDT). You are required to attend both webinar sessions, complete the pre- and post-course assessments, evaluation, and self-paced portion in order to earn P.A.C.E.® Contact Hours*. The self-paced activities have started! Email KariAnn DeServi at kariann@... if you have any questions.
Upon completion of the Basic Disinfection course, participants will be able to:
- List the different types of chemical and physical disinfectants and sterilizers, and discuss their respective pros and cons
- Explain why and when disinfection is appropriate
- Discuss microbial susceptibility and resistance to disinfection and review which organisms are resistant to different types of chemicals, etc.
- Differentiate between decontamination, sanitization, disinfection, and sterilization
- Identify the various factors which affect the disinfection process and explain how each factor enhances or interferes with the process
- Explain how to research the appropriate method or product for a given application
- Discuss prion decontamination recommendations
- Describe the risks/benefits of volume/area decontamination versus surface disinfection, and the strategies useful for selecting an appropriate method
- Identify and explain the various systems and cycles used for sterilization processes
- Discuss the importance of and methods for achieving hand disinfection
Barbara Johnson, PhD, RBP
Jay Krishnan, MSc, CBSP, SM(NRCM)
For more information go to http://absa.org/edudisinfection.html.American Biological Safety Association
- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
- To unsubscribe, send a new email to: imail@..., with
the message: unsubscribe Biosafety