Our choice. Our future.

  • Andrew Cutz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2013

      For your reading pleasure...

      Andrew Cutz

      http://tinyurl.com/Global-Village-List  (on LinkedIn) NEW!

      Flood Relief Aid List

      http://tinyurl.com/Flood-Relief-Aid-List (on LinkedIn) NEW!

      'Think Globally, Act Locally' http://www.aiha.org/weblog/aihablog/2008/09/what_are_your_impressions_of_h.html

      Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 07:03:34 -0600
      From: communitygiving@...
      Subject: Our choice. Our future.

      We Are Stronger Together

      What role will Canada play?

      Dear Andrew,
      World leaders are meeting in Warsaw, Poland right now to talk about climate change.
      Last week, having faced the strongest storm ever to make landfall in recorded history, the lead negotiator for the Philippines made this plea to the world:

      “To anyone who continues to deny the reality that is climate change, I dare you to get off your ivory tower and away from the comfort of your armchair.

      I dare you to go to the islands of the Pacific, the islands of the Caribbean and the islands of the Indian Ocean and see the impacts of rising sea levels; to the mountainous regions of the Himalayas and the Andes to see communities confronting glacial floods, to the Arctic where communities grapple with the fast- dwindling polar ice caps… to the vast savannas of Africa where climate change has likewise become a matter of life and death as food and water becomes scarce...

      And if that is not enough, you may want to pay a visit to the Philippines right now.”

      You and I know that Canada’s unwillingness to address climate change is harming people around the world. Yet Canadians care deeply about those who feel the impacts – in Canada and elsewhere.
      Please join the David Suzuki Foundation with a donation to promote climate change solutions.
      You can help us work with local governments to reduce Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions, increase energy efficiency and promote renewable energy. We need to increase our efforts.
      It’s becoming clear that a Canadian response to climate change may rest with individuals like you and me—our leaders may need to learn from us.
      In the coming few weeks we will be asking 1,000 people to come forward with donations to support this crucial work. Please join us today.
      Let's show our leaders and the world what a Canadian response to climate change should be.
      Sincerely,
      Signature: Peter Robinson
      Peter Robinson
      CEO, David Suzuki Foundation