Re: Included SWC dependency problem with Cairngorm - anyone else?

  • Dustin
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2007
      I had a similar problem where I was using cairngorm without including
      the swc and I got an error from IServiceLocator because it couldn't find
      the mx.data.DataService class. So I imported the cairngorm swc into the
      library path and everything was kosher. I'm still using flex 2.0. Is it
      suppose to be that way?
      -Dustin

      --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Oliver Tupman" <oliver.tupman@...>
      wrote:

      > Okay, I've had a bit more of a play and I have appeared to narrow it
      down on
      > this: I can't seem to be able to use the Cairngorm from a Flex Library
      > project. It doesn't work if it's included as an SWC or as a project
      link.

      > If anyone from Adobe's listening, the exception that FB bombs out on
      is
      > this:
      >
      > !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2007-02-14 17:19:07.937
      > !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
      >
      > !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-02-14 17:19:07.953
      > !MESSAGE java.lang.StackOverflowError
      > !STACK 0
      > java.lang.StackOverflowError
      > at

      org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFileNatives.internalGetF\
      ileInfoW(Native
      > Method)
      > at

      org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFileNatives.fetchFileInf\
      o(
      > LocalFileNatives.java:60)
      > at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.fetchInfo(
      > LocalFile.java:119)
      > at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.fetchInfo(
      > FileStore.java:253)
      > at

      org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.fastIsSyn\
      chronized
      > (FileSystemResourceManager.java:295)
      > at
      org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.refreshLocal(File.java:333)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.persist.PersistableSettings.readPersistenc\
      eFile(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.internal.ActionScriptProjectS\
      ettings.<init>(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at
      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexLibraryProjectSettings.<init>\
      (Unknown
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexLibraryProject.createDescript\
      ion(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.internal.ActionScriptProject.\
      loadDescription(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.internal.ActionScriptProject.\
      <init>(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at
      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexBasedProject.<init>(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at
      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexLibraryProject.<init>(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore$3.doCreate(U\
      nknown
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore$ProjectCreat\
      or.run(Unknown
      > Source)
      > --- This portion repeats until Eclipse dies
      > at
      org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java
      > :1737)
      > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.FlexWorkspaceRunner.run(Unknown
      Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore$ProjectCreat\
      or.safeGetOrCreate(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore.getProject(U\
      nknown
      > Source)
      > at
      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexLibraryCore.getProject(Unknow\
      > Source)
      > at

      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ClassPathEntryFactory$LibraryFilePath.getP\
      roject(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at
      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ClassPathEntryFactory$LibraryFilePath.<ini\
      t>(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at
      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ClassPathEntryFactory.newEntry(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at
      com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.persist.ClassPathSetting.read(Unknown

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
        I had the same problem. It seems like the Cairngorm project source has something inside the files that FB does not like.
        It would be great that Adobe put some new package that fixes this issue.
        I finaly use the SWC and can't create a Flex Library Project.

        Really weird...

        --
        ::| Carlos Rovira
        ::| http://www.carlosrovira.com