Re: How to create a fault in FDS?

  • benjidudu
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      Tom and Jeff, thank you very much. It works without a glitch.

      Is this documented somewhere? I looked for it for a while without
      finding it.
      This brings me to the FDS documentation. I think the Flex
      documentation is very well done and detailed. But the FDS
      documentation is quite the opposite. It seems to me there is only the
      minimum we need to know and everything is scattered in the Flex
      documentation.
      I would personally prefer a separate doc with detailed explanations on
      the Java side.

      Benjamin.

      --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Vroom" <jvroom@...> wrote:

      > You can just throw a RuntimeException from your fill method (or whatever
      > server side method that FDS is calling). That turns into a fault event
      > on the client. If you are using FDS's LoginCommand interface, you can
      > just have your login method return a Principal that does not support the
      > roles defined by the security constraints you attach to your
      > destination's configuration. This is a declarative approach when you
      > simply need to ensure a user has a given role when performing an
      > operation.
      >

      > Jeff

    • Steve Cox
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007

        Agreed. I’m struggling to find real-world examples of using FDS + JAVA. There’s plenty of 1 datagrid – 1 form examples, but nothing more meaningful.