RE: [flexcoders] Getting a Sprite into a Flex Container?

  • Sascha
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007

      Thanks a lot Amol (and Maciek)! In between I found that I can go a different way and use a TileList instead but I’m sure your ideas will be useful a bit later for what I’m planning to do!

      Maybe somebody can give me a hint with a different problem … I’m loading several small images into a TileList Component. These images are 32x32 pixels in size. I’ve created my own ItemListRenderer where I’m using a HBox (but a Canvas would do well too). My problem is that I cannot get rid of the vertical gap between a row of tiles. I’ve set verticalGap in the ItemListRenderer to 0 but there is always a gap of 4 or so pixels. But I’d like to have no gap between the items. Horizontally there is no gap if I set horizontalGap to 0 but verticalGap seems not to do it and I’ve alsdo tried various different components for it like Canvas, HBox, VBox etc. Any idea?

      Thanks & Happy new year!

      Sascha

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
        have you tried explicitly setting the height of the
        hbox (or whatever item renderer you are using) to
        equal the height of your image?

        Or, better yet, check out ely's datacanvas drawing
        component, youll see how a bitmap is used as fill
        there (sort of tiled but in a more customizable manner
        if i might say).

        http://mail.yahoo.com