Re: 2 Feature Requests for Flex

  • extensive_systems
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2004
      Matt: I've filed two requests.

      --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Matt Chotin <mchotin@m...> wrote:
      > Hi Chris,
      >

      > If you could file those requests here:
      > http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/main.cgi
      > <http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/main.cgi> we'd
      appreciate
      > it.
      >

      > Matt

      Flex:

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12913bpmn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr

      oups/S=1705007207:HM/EXP=1094095973/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*http:/www.n

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=
      > :HM/A=2319501/rand=351989377>
      >

      > _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dimitrios Gianninas
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
        To add to #2, the ComboBox should emit the change event when the selectedIndex is changed via AS2.

        Jimmy Gianninas - Developer
        Optimal Payments Inc.

        Note that, in point (1), I mean "a toplevel menuitem without any
        subordinate menuitems" (i.e., a "submenu").

        --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "extensive_systems"
        <java-consulting@s...> wrote:
        > Hello, Macromedia, here are a couple of features I'd like to see
        in
        Flex:

        > 1. The MenuBar control currently does not dispatch
        an event for a
        > toplevel menuitem. IMHO, this severly limits the utility
        of the
        > MenuBar control and, AFAIK, there's no reason for this
        limitation.

        > 2. The ComboBox control (at least, possibly the
        List control, etc.)
        > should emit a "change" event (or some other, new,
        event type) when the
        > user (re)selects the same item in the control. Why?
        Because of context
        > sensitivity (in a given UI design) between
        controls.

        > I've already run against both these issues in
        practice.

        >   Thanks,

        Chris

      • Dimitrios Gianninas
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
          Submitted as a enhancement.

          Jimmy Gianninas - Developer
          Optimal Payments Inc.

          <java-consulting@s...> wrote:
          > Hello, Macromedia, here are a couple of features I'd like to see
          in
          Flex:

          > 1. The MenuBar control currently does not dispatch
          an event for a
          > toplevel menuitem. IMHO, this severly limits the utility
          of the
          > MenuBar control and, AFAIK, there's no reason for this
          limitation.

          > 2. The ComboBox control (at least, possibly the
          List control, etc.)
          > should emit a "change" event (or some other, new,
          event type) when the
          > user (re)selects the same item in the control. Why?
          Because of context
          > sensitivity (in a given UI design) between
          controls.

          > I've already run against both these issues in
          practice.

          >   Thanks,

          Chris

          AVIS IMPORTANTWARNING

          Les informations contenues dans le present document et ses pieces jointes sont strictement confidentielles et reservees a l'usage de la (des) personne(s) a qui il est adresse. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire, soyez avise que toute divulgation, distribution, copie, ou autre utilisation de ces informations est strictement prohibee. Si vous avez recu ce document par erreur, veuillez s'il vous plait communiquer immediatement avec l'expediteur et detruire ce document sans en faire de copie sous quelque forme.

          The information contained in this document and attachments is confidential and intended only for the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any other use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this document and attachments without making any copy of any kind.

        • Deepa Subramaniam
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
            Hi Chris -

            Item #1 in your list has already been logged in our bugbase - I will mark
            the bug with your comments and up its priority. Please log your 2nd
            enhancement request.

            Thanks for bringing these up,
            Deepa
            Flex Team