Re: RE: [flexcoders] Flex code resource web sites

  • sjen5
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 2, 2004
      No i hadnt seen that site before, thanks for the tip it has some good blogs and samples from my brief look.

      I meant more of site that allows people to join and submit articles, so that the range of topics and number of articles grows rapidly as people submit new things they have done or investigated. Any one know of such a site, or even one for flash??

      Simon
    • Cameron Gregory
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 2, 2004
        I'm not sure it's the best time, but I do such things "onLoad"
        <... load="myLoad()" >
        function myLoad() {
        .. in here.
        }

        Cameron

        [Cameron Gregory]  -----Original Message-----
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 3, 2004
          There's an open invitation for anyone who would like to submit articles for DevNet - www.macromedia.com/devnet/flex

          No i hadnt seen that site before, thanks for the tip it has some good blogs and samples from my brief look.

          I meant more of site that allows people to join and submit articles, so that the range of topics and number of articles grows rapidly as people submit new things they have done or investigated.  Any one know of such a site, or even one for flash??

          Simon

        • m_ollman
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 19, 2004
            go NUTS!!!

            http://coenraets.com/samples.jsp

            http://flexbook.iterationtwo.com/

            http://www.iterationtwo.com/flexbook/source.html

            --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, sjen5 <sjen5@b...> wrote:

            > Are there any sites with flex code examples at this stage.
            Similar to codeproject, and gotdotnet for the .net world.

            > Any other sites anyone has come across which are good references
            for how to do things etc would be appreciated as well.

            > thanks
            >
            > simon
          • Simon J
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 19, 2004

              Anybody got Flex to run correctly on JBoss?

              Ive successfully run the flex samples and my own application simultaneously on Tomcat 5.x (Windows), im now trying to install the flex samples and my own application on a Fedora Linux machine running JBoss 3.2.5 (which includes Tomcat 5.0.26).

              If I have just the samples installed they seem to run correctly, as soon as I deploy my own application the Flex Samples Explorer ceases to work correctly.  Some of the different samples in the tree work, other don’t.  For example Drag and Drop -> Grid example results in the stack trace shown below.

              Note:  Im not sure whether or not this is related but my sample application needs to use AWT for something, so I needed to configure flex-config.xml with the following line

              <compiler>
                  <headless-server>true</headless-server>
              </compiler>

              I initially did this to my application, however it was ignored, when I made the change to the samples war file flex-config.xml the change was recognized.

              It appears that the 2 separate applications which are running in separate contexts are not running in isolation……

              Anybody got any ideas??

              23:30:37,164 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet: Error: Expected object definition or binding expression inside mx.controls.Text

              23:30:37,166 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet:    at /explorer/dragdrop/DragDropGrid.mxml.swf:14

              23:30:37,182 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet: Error: Property elements may not have attributes

              23:30:37,183 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet:    at /explorer/dragdrop/DragDropGrid.mxml.swf:30

              23:30:37,184 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet: Error: Property may only contain one value

              23:30:37,185 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet:    at /explorer/dragdrop/DragDropGrid.mxml.swf:31

              23:30:37,191 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet: Error: Property elements may not have attributes

              23:30:37,192 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet:    at /explorer/dragdrop/DragDropGrid.mxml.swf:46

              23:30:37,194 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet: Error: Property may only contain one value

              23:30:37,194 INFO  [Engine] StandardContext[/samples]FlexSwfServlet:    at /explorer/dragdrop/DragDropGrid.mxml.swf:47

              23:30:37,277 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[FlexSwfServlet]: Servlet.service() for servlet FlexSwfServlet threw exception

              java.lang.NullPointerException

                      at flex.mxml2.parser.MxmlParser.characters(MxmlParser.java:355)

                      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParserMMImpl.characters(AbstractSAXParserMMImpl.java:518)

                      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanContent(Unknown Source)

                      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

                      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

                      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11ConfigurationMMImpl.parse(XML11ConfigurationMMImpl.java:230)

                      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)

                      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParserMMImpl.parse(AbstractSAXParserMMImpl.java:1172)

                      at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

                      at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

                      at flex.mxml2.parser.MxmlParser.parseDocument(MxmlParser.java:4199)

                      at flex.mxml2.MxmlLoader.parse(MxmlLoader.java:275)

                      at flex.mxml2.MxmlLoader.loadComponentType(MxmlLoader.java:178)

                      at flex.mxml2.MxmlLoader.loadComponent(MxmlLoader.java:204)

                      at flex.mxml2.CachedComponentLoader.getComponent(CachedComponentLoader.java:187)

                      at flex.mxml2.CachedComponentLoader.loadDefinition(CachedComponentLoader.java:93)

                      at flex.mxml2.CachedComponentLoader.getDefinition(CachedComponentLoader.java:250)

                      at flex.mxml2.CompositeLoader.getDefinition(CompositeLoader.java:48)

                      at flex.swflinker.Loader.getType(Loader.java:246)

                      at flex.swflinker.Loader.findType(Loader.java:228)

                      at flex.mxml2.CompilerPackageManager.loadType(CompilerPackageManager.java:591)

                      at flex.mxml2.MxmlCompiler.openDocument(MxmlCompiler.java:67)

                      at flex.swfmanager.SwfServlet.compileSwf(SwfServlet.java:218)

                      at flex.swfmanager.SwfServlet.handleMxmlRequest(SwfServlet.java:185)

                      at flex.swfmanager.SwfServlet.doGet(SwfServlet.java:93)

                      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)

                      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

                      at flex.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:69)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)

                      at flex.cache.CacheFilter.doFilter(CacheFilter.java:218)

                      at flex.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:66)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

                      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:72)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)

                      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:275)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

                      at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

                      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)

                      at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

                      at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

                      at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

                      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

                      at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)

                      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

            • Dimitrios Gianninas
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 19, 2004
                This is a known issue with JBoss, someone from MM mentioned it last week.

                In a single instance of JBoss, you can only run one Flex context.... if you have more than one, it causes problems.

                So remove the samples and your own app should work.

                Jimmy Gianninas - Developer
                Optimal Payments Inc.

[...]

                AVIS IMPORTANTWARNING

                Les informations contenues dans le present document et ses pieces jointes sont strictement confidentielles et reservees a l'usage de la (des) personne(s) a qui il est adresse. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire, soyez avise que toute divulgation, distribution, copie, ou autre utilisation de ces informations est strictement prohibee. Si vous avez recu ce document par erreur, veuillez s'il vous plait communiquer immediatement avec l'expediteur et detruire ce document sans en faire de copie sous quelque forme.

                The information contained in this document and attachments is confidential and intended only for the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any other use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this document and attachments without making any copy of any kind.

              • sjen5
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 19, 2004
                  Yes that is what i am experiencing, just wanted to make sure i had not missed something as this is the first time ive deployed on jboss.

                  Ill just run normal tomcat i think.

                  Cheers

                  Simon

                  > This is a known issue with JBoss, someone from MM mentioned it last
                  > week.
                  >
                  > In a single instance of JBoss, you can only run one Flex
                  > context.... if
                  > you have more than one, it causes problems.
                  >
                  > So remove the samples and your own app should work.
                  >
                  > Jimmy Gianninas - Developer
                  > Optimal Payments Inc.
                  >

                  > _____

                • ADEWALE SHOBAJO
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 7, 2005
                    Hello everyone,
                    i configured flex on Tomcat, and it worked!
                    but when i configured flex on JBoss and lunched the
                    sample Applications it comes up with a dialog box
                    "HTTPService Fault: java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad
                    Service name : FormatSourceService ".

                    i guess the problem is from the whitelists, i
                    modified it but it didnt work, am sure i am missing
                    something,
                    any ideas
                    thanks.

                    wale

                  • Cliff Meyers
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 7, 2005
                      I remember running into a similar problem when I was playing with Flex
                      on JBoss and I can't recall right now if I got it working or not. Did
                      you check the flex-config.xml file to see if the addresses are
                      pointing to the correct hostname? Although admittedly, it sounds like
                      the error you're getting due to a bad address. Anyone else seen this?

                      -Cliff

                      On 5/7/05, ADEWALE SHOBAJO <wale007uk@...> wrote:
                      > Hello everyone,
                      > i configured flex on Tomcat, and it worked!
                      > but when i configured flex on JBoss and lunched the
                      > sample Applications it comes up with a dialog box
                      > "HTTPService Fault: java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad
                      > Service name : FormatSourceService ".
                      >
                      > i guess the problem is from the whitelists, i
                      > modified it but it didnt work, am sure i am missing
                      > something,
                      > any ideas
                      > thanks.
                      >
                      > wale

                    • Cliff Meyers
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 7, 2005
                        I should have said "it sounds like the error you're getting isn't due
                        to a bad address." Maybe I shouldn't post to lists at 3 AM :)
                        Another idea: did you check flex-config.xml to make sure that the
                        services in question are actually defined there?

                        -Cliff

                        On 5/8/05, Cliff Meyers <cliff.meyers@...> wrote:
                        > I remember running into a similar problem when I was playing with Flex
                        > on JBoss and I can't recall right now if I got it working or not. Did
                        > you check the flex-config.xml file to see if the addresses are
                        > pointing to the correct hostname? Although admittedly, it sounds like
                        > the error you're getting due to a bad address. Anyone else seen this?
                        >

                        > -Cliff
                        >

                        > On 5/7/05, ADEWALE SHOBAJO <wale007uk@...> wrote:
                        > > Hello everyone,
                        > > i configured flex on Tomcat, and it worked!
                        > > but when i configured flex on JBoss and lunched the
                        > > sample Applications it comes up with a dialog box
                        > > "HTTPService Fault: java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad
                        > > Service name : FormatSourceService ".
                        > >
                        > > i guess the problem is from the whitelists, i
                        > > modified it but it didnt work, am sure i am missing
                        > > something,
                        > > any ideas
                        > > thanks.
                        > >
                        > > wale

                      • Tolulope Olonade
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 9, 2005

                          I had the same problem sometimes and someone told me in this forum that its cause when you deploy the flex.war files and the samples.war files on the same server deployment folder.

                          If you do it only one at a time. It works just fine.

                          Like depoy the samples.war file into JBOSS deployment folder and it works just fine.

                          However I am yet to find out how to deploy multiple flex app .war files into the same folder in JBoss but it work well with other APP Servers like BEA and Macromedia JRUN.  Wonder how to fix that in JBoss and hope that solves your problem..

                          I should have said "it sounds like the error you're getting isn't due
                          to a bad address."  Maybe I shouldn't post to lists at 3 AM :)
                          Another idea: did you check flex-config.xml to make sure that the
                          services in question are actually defined there?

                          -Cliff

                          On 5/8/05, Cliff Meyers <cliff.meyers@...> wrote:
                          > I remember running into a similar problem when I was playing with Flex
                          > on JBoss and I can't recall right now if I got it working or not.  Did
                          > you check the flex-config.xml file to see if the addresses are
                          > pointing to the correct hostname?  Although admittedly, it sounds like
                          > the error you're getting due to a bad address.  Anyone else seen this?
                          >

                          > -Cliff
                          >

                          > On 5/7/05, ADEWALE SHOBAJO <wale007uk@...> wrote:
                          > >  Hello everyone,
                          > >     i configured flex on Tomcat, and it worked!
                          > > but when i configured flex on JBoss and lunched the
                          > > sample Applications it comes up with a dialog box
                          > > "HTTPService Fault: java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad
                          > > Service name : FormatSourceService ".
                          > >
                          > >      i guess the problem is from the whitelists, i
                          > > modified it but it didnt work, am sure i am missing
                          > > something,
                          > >     any ideas
                          > > thanks.
                          > >
                          > > wale

                        • Francois Le Lay
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 9, 2005
                            Hi,

                            There's a trick that might help. You can turn off the unified class loading behavior for the Flex web applications by setting loader-repositity in jboss-app.  Here is an example: http://www.junlu.com/msg/78287.html

                            Cheers,
                            Fran├žois Le Lay
                            http://www.mfworx.com

                          • Ronald Kinion
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 9, 2005
                              Yeah,  the UCL is a definite problem for flex under jboss 3.2.x. Using a single class loader plays all sorts of havoc with static variables and singleton classes (which flex apparently uses somewhere for configuration) when used in multiple applications.  Unfortunately the documentation and examples for how to turn this off or control it are really horrible.  I believe jboss 4.0.x goes back to seperated class loaders for applications, so it might work....

                              For us and probably most other people using flex on jboss the easy workaround is to just run only one flex enabled war per jboss server.

                              --
                              Ronald Kinion
                              253-205-3000 x5162