Flex programming issue

  • devchetu
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
      I am developing flex based application & struck in mid of project. I need professional help.

      I had one data grid in which one column I used item render for date field, but I do not have any idea how to make date field editable.
      For this i used
      editable = true
      but it doesn't work. i am looking for solution if any one have any idea pleas share.
    • Jake Churchill
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
        There's an itemRenderer and itemEditor.  If you want to use the same, you say editable=true and there's another property rendererIsEditor=true (or might be editorIsRenderer - I always get it mixed up)

        Try that.

        -Jake

        On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:41 AM, devchetu <devchetu@...> wrote:

        I am developing flex based application & struck in mid of project. I need professional help.

        I had one data grid in which one column I used item render for date field, but I do not have any idea how to make date field editable.
        For this i used
        editable = true
        but it doesn't work. i am looking for solution if any one have any idea pleas share.

      • Tunde Majolagbe
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013

          Hello,
          I hope you find this useful :
                                       <mx:columns>
                   <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="@"   width="20" rendererIsEditor="true">
                              <mx:itemRenderer>
                         <mx:Component>
                        <mx:HBox horizontalAlign="center">
                                         <mx:DateField id="cal_date_entered" selectedDate="{new Date()}" showToday="true" formatString="DD/MM/YYYY" />                                                      </mx:HBox>
                                       </mx:Component>
                             </mx:itemRenderer>
                         </mx:DataGridColumn>
                                      .
                                      .
                                      .
                                  </mx:columns>

           Best of luck.

          Warm Regards
          Tunde Majolagbe
          +2348028320370,  +23418782170.

          *Exchange a Dollar, we still have ONE each, exchange an idea, we have TWO each.
          *Calm Down!!!  It’s just a mirage, like other worries it will soon fade away.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
            thanks
            Jake, I am able to fix my problem