Re: [flexcoders] Customizing a (spark List) selection indicator?

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2012
      Figured the problem out enough.
      -Even though I had autoDrawbackground set to false, I DID NOT include all the states I wanted the renderer to show.
      -Also since I'm using scripted Drawing API instead of MXML tags to draw my graphics I was able to include my script inside the
      overridden "stateChanged" method.

      <s:ItemRenderer autoDrawBackground="false">
          <s:states>
              <s:State name="selected" />
              <s:State name="normal" />
           </s:states>
           <s:BorderContainer id="_con">
                <fx:Script>
                   <![CDATA[
              override protected function stateChanged(oldState:String, newState:String, recursive:Boolean):void
              {
                   super.stateChanged(oldState,newState,recursive);
                   customGraphics(); //Write curstom graphics here using drawing API
              }
              ]]>
           </s:BorderContainer>
      </s:ItemRenderer>

      On 5/15/2012 3:34 PM, Keith wrote:

      For an "MX" List I could override the protected "drawSelectionIndicator"
      method in a List itemRenderer.

      For a "Spark" List, I have no idea how to do this, since there is no "drawSelectionIndicator" method
      My goal is to draw my own graphics for the selection indication.

      I tried overriding the "updateDisplayList" method to draw my graphics but cannot get rid of the default selection indicator graphics.

      I also tried setting the<s:ItemRenderer> "autoDrawBackground" to false, it prevents selection indication but ALSO prevents my custom graphics from showing as well.

      --
      Keith H
      htttp://keith-hair.net