Re: [flexcoders] Hello world iOS example

  • Douglas Knudsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011
      no, you can debug on the device.

      Here's a great fully detailed post on how to set your stuff up for iOS

      Douglas Knudsen
      http://www.cubicleman.com
      this is my signature, like it?

      2011/10/30 Csomák Gábor <csomakk@...>

      its really easy. you create an iOS mobile app.. build it as a normal app. you can only debug on the computer. for deploy, use export->release build..

      On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Kevin McDonald <kevinmacdonald@...> wrote:

      Can anyone point me to an end to end example of how to use Flash Builder to build, deploy and debug an iPad app, preferably one that doesn't gloss over glorious amounts of important detail?

      Thanks!

      Kevin MacDonald

    • Csomák Gábor

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2011

          I’m using Flex 4.1 with a django backend.  Django provides a really useful HTML error traceback when it fails.  Currently I then have to manually insert the offending url into the browser url to see the error details when debugging.  That’s a pain.   I would like to subclass HttpService to provide a generic automatic solution, but I’m having trouble.

          My typical pattern is

          Var parms:Object = new Object()

          Parms.a=3

          Parms.b=4

          MyHttpService.url = “http://yadda.yadda.yadda/root/function”

          MyHttpService.send(parms)

          When the faultHandler is called I would like to do something like this

          navigateToURL( new URLRequest( Configure.getServer()+'getpdf?id='+parms.id+"&resid="+parms.resid ) );

          but I cannot find a way to get the parms back from the HttpService in order to create the URLRequest string.  I’ve tried the MyHttpService.request object but that “appears” to be empty.  It won’t expand in debugger view and a for loop does not iterate through it.

          Can anyone offer a suggestion?

          Thanks,

          Fred.

        • valdhor