Allowing TextAlign style on button

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      I want to have a textAlign style on my custom button. Unfortunately the spark button Class has this line in it

      [Exclude(name="textAlign", kind="style")]

      This prevents me from using the existing text align style directly (though I can add the button to a container with a textAlign and it works fine), and also prevents me from adding back my own textAlign style.

      Is it possible for me to override this somehow, or do I have to copy and paste the button code into a new file (and then how do I get access to the BasicIneritingStyles.as include)?

      Thanks;

      Amy
    • Amy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2011
        Hello...? If no one can/will answer the original question, could someone at least address why the Exclude metadata tag now causes a compiler error when you try to set an excluded style? This was not the case in Flex 3.

        Thanks!

        Amy

        --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Amy" <amyblankenship@...> wrote:

        > I want to have a textAlign style on my custom button. Unfortunately the spark button Class has this line in it
        >
        > [Exclude(name="textAlign", kind="style")]
        >
        > This prevents me from using the existing text align style directly (though I can add the button to a container with a textAlign and it works fine), and also prevents me from adding back my own textAlign style.
        >
        > Is it possible for me to override this somehow, or do I have to copy and paste the button code into a new file (and then how do I get access to the BasicIneritingStyles.as include)?
        >
        > Thanks;
        >
        > Amy

      • valdhor
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2011
          I'd love to be able to tell you, but I am still using Flex 3.