Re: How to skin a button but keeping the borders

  • Nick Middleweek
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 3:11 AM
      Hi,

      I got round this by adding the button borders to the illustrator file, importing into Flash and applying the 9-slice scaling there before saving down the symbol to the SWF. The Embedded symbol uses the 9 slice and looks perfect.

      nice!

      On 28 February 2011 19:00, Nick Middleweek <nick@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Is it possible to use scale-9 on a symbol that's been imported from a SWF?

      I'm guessing this is the way to go but I've got my Symbol, with a border and I'm specifying the scale-9 on the Embed statement. I'm assigning that image to my image control but the width and height are being ignored and it's really small (same size as in the SWF).

      Mmmmm, any ideas?

      ta.

      On 28 February 2011 17:35, Nick Middleweek <nick@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      We've got some custom skins that we're using for out buttons. They are vector images that were drawn in AI and imported to our fla library and converted to a symbol.

      I've applied the skin to the various button states but now want to apply a border and I've tried specifying the border using the normal...

      border-alpha:1;
      border-color:#FF0000;
      border-thickness:2;
      border-style:solid;

      but because the skins are applied, no borders are showing.

      We're using these skins on various buttons of different sizes so I don't think I can simply add a border to the AI or Flash symbol because it will get stretched.

      Is there any way I can achieve a custom skin with a border?

      Thanks,
      Nick

      --
      Sent by Nick Middleweek ( { email: nick@..., mobile: +44(0)774 035 5424, blog: http://blog.middleweek.co.uk } );