Re: Issue related to Drag and Drop rows between Datagrid when using ItemRenderer...

  • shahjitesh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
      I really appreciate for your response. At least I see some hope to get the issue resolved. I saw very interesting articles on your blog but i would appreciate, if you can direct me to look at specific example related to my issue.

      I just changed creationComplete to dataChange and immediately started seeing lot of null object reference issue as it refers to TextInput which is initialized by {data.col1} and that value is used thruout the application for various other processing.

      Thanx and Regards
      --
      Jitesh Shah

      --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alex Harui <aharui@...> wrote:

      > Renderers are recycled, so using creationComplete isn�t going to work. See the item renderer category on my blog for more details. Try using dataChange event instead.
      >
      > --
      > Alex Harui
      > Flex SDK Team
      > Adobe System, Inc.
      > http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
    • shahjitesh
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
        Help please...

        I had datachanged event to capture row# and column#. So I added initializeComponent method over there which is invoked by CreateionComplete and things are working now.

        But now issue is it does exactly same stuff it does when it is rendered for the first time that is goes to DB and get the data and uses it to plot the graph. I would like to avoid database trip if the InitializeComponent is called from dataChanged event.

        How can I acheive this?