[flexcoders] Chart GridLines error message

  • |Mirko
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi,

      I keep getting the following error when trying to use GridLines with
      "direction" attribute in my chart:

      Cannot resolve attribute 'direction' for component type mx.charts.GridLines.

      Here is a sample snippet code:

      <mx:LineChart id="linechart" height="100%" width="100%"
      paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5"
      showDataTips="true" dataProvider="{expensesAC}">

      <mx:horizontalAxis>
      <mx:CategoryAxis categoryField="Month"/>
      </mx:horizontalAxis>

      <mx:backgroundElements>
      <mx:GridLines direction="horizontal">
      <mx:horizontalStroke>
      <mx:Stroke weight="1"/>
      </mx:horizontalStroke>
      <mx:horizontalFill>
      <mx:SolidColor color="0xCCCCCC" alpha=".66"/>
      </mx:horizontalFill>
      </mx:GridLines>
      </mx:backgroundElements>

      <mx:series>
      <mx:LineSeries yField="Profit" form="curve"
      displayName="Profit"/>
      <mx:LineSeries yField="Expenses" form="curve"
      displayName="Expenses"/>
      <mx:LineSeries yField="Amount" form="curve"
      displayName="Amount"/>
      </mx:series>
      </mx:LineChart>

      Not sure why this error happends since i found dozens example on web with
      same parameter but maybe someone can tell me why this happens?

      Thanks in advance,
      Best regards

    • |Mirko
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hi,

[...]

        same parameter but maybe someone can tell me why this happens? Btw, i am
        using Flash Builder with Flex 4.0 SDK.

        Thanks in advance,
        Best regards

      • |Mirko
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          Found solution few mins after posting this - in Flex 4 style "direction" is
          renamed to "gridDirection" so this
          may be useful to someone else maybe having this same problem.

          Cheers