Alternate row color of DataGridColumn

  • Danish Tehseen
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2008
      DataGrid alternate item's color can be set by datagrid's alternatingItemColors property, but is there a way to change alternating item color of DataGridColumn? There is a case where i have to set different alternate row colors to different DataGridColumn. If not possible in DataGrid, is it possible in AdvanceDataGrid control.

      Thanks & Regards,

      Danish

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Joan Lafferty
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18, 2008

        You can use a custom itemRenderer for each column. To see how to create an itemRenderer with a background color see:

        http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2007/03/

        Joan

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 18, 2008

          Do you have a picture of what you want?

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 18, 2008
            Alex

            Thanks for your response. You can find the image at the following
            link.

            http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii270/m_javed/example.jpg

            Danish

            --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <aharui@...> wrote:

            > Do you have a picture of what you want?
            >

            > ________________________________

            category=shopping

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 18, 2008
              Alex

              Thanks for your response. You can find the image at the following url.

              http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii270/m_javed/example.jpg

              Danish

              --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <aharui@...> wrote:

              > Do you have a picture of what you want?
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Sherif Abdou
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 19, 2008
                i will look at it over the weekend, but my guess is you have to switch our the stuff in the drawRowBackground, drawColumnBackground
                and drawRowGraphics to make it work.

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 19, 2008

                  There’s no easy way to do this.  You might consider using the background color renderer example on my blog and just draw the right color based on listData.rowIndex (and maybe owner.verticalScrollPosition)

                  My blog is at blogs.adobe.com/aharui

                  ymailto="mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com">flexcoders@yahoogro ups.com
                  > DataGrid alternate item's color can be set by datagrid's
                  > alternatingItemColo rs property, but is there a way to change
                  alternating
                  > item color of DataGridColumn? There is a case where i have to set
                  > different alternate row colors to different DataGridColumn. If not
                  > possible in DataGrid, is it possible in AdvanceDataGrid control.
                  >
                  > Thanks & Regards,
                  >
                  > Danish

                  > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                  target="_blank">http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?
                  category=shopping
                  > <
                  target="_blank">http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?
                  category=shopping>

                • sreeni_r
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 20, 2008
                    I have posted a sample here

                    http://flexpearls.blogspot.com/2008/02/alternate-row-color-in-
                    datagrid-per.html

                    -Sreenivas

                    --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Danish Tehseen <danish909@...>

                    > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                    > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                  • Vadim Melnik
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 22, 2008
                      Hello Sreenivas,

                      Thanks for interesting example, just my 2c : by applying paddingTop/paddingBottom="0" styles, it's possible to make background color fitting entire data grid cell space, but it will hide row selection UI then...

                      Vadim.