25827Re: [Flewelling] Finished Casket of Souls

  • Iñaki Izarra
    Jul 16, 2012
      SPOILERS

      SPOILERS

      So, I just finished CoS and I wanted to share my opinion about it. The book
      is great, well-written, and a very interesting plot. I think we most
      enjoyed the return to Rhiminee, but that excitement would not be the same
      if they haven't spent the previous 3 books out of the city. So, for me the
      series is just right and I really love books 4 and 5.

      Regarding CoS, I think the plot is very well developed and gets you hooked
      very easily. The only thing I found a bit abrupt is when the plot regarding
      "The Sleeping Death" takes over the plot of the cabals' fight. It was clear
      that it was going to happen and had to, actually, but I missed a bit more
      development on the cabals and would have liked Seregil and Alec making a
      bit more of progress in that. Otherwise, it's brilliant, once "The Sleeping
      Death" is a complete priority, I enjoyed it a lot, reading as much as I
      could. Atre's character is absolutely wonderful and I think that whole idea
      about the soul eating is brilliant.

      As other people have mentioned, the balance between the characters is good
      and we have been able to enjoy a bit of everyone. On the other side, there
      has been a bit less on Seregil and Alec, and specially on the inner
      character of Seregil, but that can't be helped, there is no room for
      everything. Only that Seregil is my fav since the very beginning and I
      don't get tired on anything about his persona.

      On overall, it's a wonderful book and really enjoyed reading it. Thanks a
      lot!!!