hi people!

  • timboxmethod
    Message 1 of 459 , Oct 26, 1999
      hello. i am new to this club. although the oboe is my main instrument, i also play treble recorder. and r52core, i actually have played blues recorder. It has a lot of slides in it.<br><br>tim
    • rsclosson
      Message 459 of 459 , Mar 9, 2002
        --- In flautadulceandrecorder@y..., srpennell wrote:
        > It's true, that some styles of playing -
        > particularly from the Dutch 'school' - say not to use vibrato
        > - but it is a useful technique. It is also one that
        > is required learning in the American Recorder
        > Society's study program. I hope you have good luck with it
        > - you've gotten some pretty good advice to get you
        > started. Who knows? Maybe you'll trying the flutter tongue
        > next?

        It is interesting to note that the Classical Clarinet tradition is to
        use NO vibrato. Though relatively new to the recorder, I have
        played flute for years. I used to use a combination throat and lip
        vibrato until hearing James Galway. After spending alot of time
        trying to figure out how he got that gorgeous rich tone (aside from
        the solid gold flute that is quite out of my price range, though I do
        suspect that Mr Galway could get that same tone out of a piece of PCV
        pipe) I started working on the diaphragmatic vibrato with excellent
        results! I'm still not James Galway (who is!!!) but my tone and
        projection have increased measurably. This has also carried over to
        the recorder surprisingly well.