Other uses for these techniques

  • flapdoodle_dinghy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010
      First, welcome to the new members here.

      I bought an old GMC S15. It has sat much of its 2 years and had 64,000 miles on it. The thought is to make a super light camper using techniques I have learned making the Flapdoodle and its successors.

      Framing would resemble this: http://dosbeowulf.tripod.com/Calico/index.html
      With sections of foam between the ribs, then cover with Dacron. String the Dacron so it is tight and paint with Glidden indoor, outdoor oil base polyurethane.

      The top could be made to popup using the same PVC fabric as done on the ends of the Flapdoodle.

      I figure it could be made to weigh 100 to 110 pounds.

      When finished, the basic box might be suitable for a houseboat.

      Bill