OT: Wagner House in Palatine Bridge

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2014
      The Schenectady Gazette has reported that the Wagner Home in Palatine Bridge is slated for demolition.

      http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2014/mar/11/0311_house/

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 13, 2014
        The Schenectady Gazette is reporting that the historic Wagner Home in Palatine Bridge is slated for demolition.

        http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2014/mar/11/0311_house/

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2014
          It's a shame when that happems.  We have the John Smith (founder of the VCRR) home here that has been neglected in one way or another for almost 100 years and today is beyond practical repair, or so says the would be developer.  Funny  thing is the plusher mansions built by his son were destroyed years ago.

          Paul

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: akeller_1979@...
          Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 18:33:17 -0700
          Subject: [FJGRailroad] OT: Wagner House in Palatine Bridge

          The Schenectady Gazette has reported that the Wagner Home in Palatine Bridge is slated for demolition.

          http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2014/mar/11/0311_house/

          -Aaron

        • Gordon Davis
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 14, 2014
            A shame.  My first wife's relatives ran an antique shop from the property, an impressive example of a Victorian who-done-it.
            Gordon
            The Schenectady Gazette is reporting that the historic Wagner Home in Palatine Bridge is slated for demolition.

            -Aaron

          • Charlie Vosburgh
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2014
              It was only a matter of time before this would happen.  We have been watching this house slowly fall apart and am surprised it took the village so long to condemn it for safety reasons.  Charlie
              The Schenectady Gazette has reported that the Wagner Home in Palatine Bridge is slated for demolition.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 14, 2014
                I had no idea this house was connected to the Wagners.  What a shame.  It is a great old place.  I tell my kids whenever we drive by it that The Munsters live there...

                Gino

                It was only a matter of time before this would happen.  We have been watching this house slowly fall apart and am surprised it took the village so long to condemn it for safety reasons.  Charlie
                The Schenectady Gazette has reported that the Wagner Home in Palatine Bridge is slated for demolition.

              • Ohlhous, Howard C.
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 15, 2014
                  Wagoner Home on the Historical Marker Database:

                  http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=63091&Result=1

                  Howard

                  Subject: Wagner House in Palatine Bridge