15655FJG Engines @ RIT

  • mrengineer1009
    Feb 9, 2014
      Hello all,

      I just became a member a few days ago. My name is Phillip and I am from Broadalbin, NY but am currently a 4th year student at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). I am also in the model railroad club here on campus (RITMRC). I recently acquired HO models of FJG 20 & 21. They are Bachmann with sound value. Gino asked if I would send him some photos, but thought I would post them on the group for everyone to enjoy. I'm also a D&H fan and thought I would become a member to learn more.

      I know the detail parts that are missing are the marker lights, the plows, and the grab irons on 21 are supposed to be black. Other than that, I think they are excellent. I purchased the engines myself and then went through Matt Giardino at Milepost Hobbies in Perth to get them painted. He has a freelance painter that he deals with. He also has his personal FJG 20 & 21 on display in the shop.

      It's not FJG related but feel free to take a look around: RITMRC's website is ritmrc.org and we also have a facebook page. We model the NYC and B&O in the Rochester area and run from Syracuse to Buffalo. We  are currently building a new layout and have all mainline track in and operational, we just have a few industry sidings to put in and some wiring to finish. There is nothing in terms of scenery yet as evident from the photos.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic