15596Re: [FJGRailroad] Freight On The FJ&G

  • Jason C
    Oct 16 7:52 AM

      Thank you.  This helped confirm a number of locations I wasn't sure about.  Sure has been a lot of change in the last 30 some years.  Wish I could have seen the FJ&G in person but I was a bit too young.

      From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...>
      To: FJGRailroad Yahoo Group <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:39 PM
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Freight On The FJ&G

      OK Jason.  If you start on the latest blog post, you'll notice I updated it and in the captions there are links.  They should bring you to either Bing or Google and get you pretty close to the map location.  Google maps were worse, but I tried to get as close to the spot of the photographer as possible.

      On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Jason C <dhc628@...> wrote:

      Thank you for posting all these photos.  I've really been enjoying them.  That said, not being from Gloversville or Johnstown, I am having a hell of a time figuring out where a lot of these locations are.  I've been using the aerial views on Bing to work my way along the line and attempt to identify where the pictures were taken but there have been so many changes in the past 30 years, it's not easy.

      Is there a map online that shows the FJ&G in detail overlaid on a street map?

      Jason Cook
      New Haven, IN