15567Re: [FJGRailroad] Freight On The FJ&G

  • Christopher Parker
    Oct 9, 2013
      Thank you Gino, those are some really great shots, and really helpful too!

      Paul, I will take you up on your offer, thank you!  Though I can tell you it will be after our October 23rd annual meeting for which I am full-tilt preparing.  Very much looking forward to it.

      John, your memories are very interesting too, thanks.

      Thomas, welcome aboard.

      All of you, this is a very interesting discussion for me!

      For many people, I think what cars moved appears somewhat random, but I am particularly interested in the patterns.  Looking at Gino's pictures, it's not random at all to me.  Not sure if it's the railroader or the model railroader in me, but I get into it.

      What I'm doing is setting up my own template for Paul Charland's MSTS FJ&G simulation.  The activities on the route use some often used and relatively generic sets of rolling stock that make for easy downloads.  First I decided I wanted to make something with rolling stock I like better (I have the advantage of already having the upcoming BLW Pennsylvania set which has 100 beautiful (if I do say so myself) transition era freight cars.  Then I decided I wanted to pay close attention to accuracy (for instance, not mixing anthracite and bituminous coal hoppers) and now once that door is open, it's a very interesting quest!  Before I'm done I will probably end up creating more rolling stock skins for msts (any requests?).  A batch of 1970's salt hoppers are on my list.  So are more anthracite coal hoppers which will be a big part of an upcoming Erie-DL&W set for BLW.  [Forgive me if you aren't in the train simulation world and this doesn't make sense . . . ]

      Christopher

      On 10/8/2013 11:38 PM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

      All this talk about freight cars and businesses on the FJ&G finally forced me to add some neat photos to my Rail-Blog.  The first batch are photos of the Pre-1974 FJ&G from the 50's and 60's.  Then I'll post some shots of the line in her Delaware Otsego System Years, Post 1974 to 1984.

      Go give this a look and hopefully we can discuss the photos in the Yahoo Group!

      --
      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic