15494Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: YouTube Video

    May 22, 2013
      It was the movies that I posted to YouTube that I had the biggest issue with.  I went back and checked my emails (I save them all, like I think you do) and I didn't find a message that led me to believe the person who made the review was someone who had contacted me in the past.  I apologize for not putting the two together, but I did say what a good job you did.

      I saw your review at a time when I saw my files used without credit on several sources.  I have artwork that I created and gets used on Wikipedia and the like, and people credit public domain.  That pisses me off a bit!

      The movies I posted to youtube were shot by Paul Larner and Ira Barnes.  No, I'm not the author, but I did pay for these 8mm to be transfered to video and then DVD.

      Gino

      On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Nick <etozorak@...> wrote:

      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

      > There is a pretty neat video on YouTube of a guy doing a review on Paul
      > Charland's FJ&G on Microsoft Train Simulator. The job is amazing and if
      > you'd like to check it out, go here:
      > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfHMZRcxJoQ
      >
      > With that said, let me point out how this person used movies that I
      > transfered to video as well as many photos from mine and Paul Larner's
      > collections. He credits "Gino's Railpage, Public Domain," but I don't know
      > where that comes from! My webpage is available to all who wishes to visit,
      > but Public Domain it is not!!!!!!
      >
      > In the future, it helps to get permission when you'd like to used someone's
      > property!
      >
      > From the pulpit,
      >
      > Gino
      >
      > --
      > http://fjgrr.org
      > http://ginosrailpage.com
      > http://ginostrolleypage.com
      > http://ginosrailblog.blogspot.com/

      I'm glad you like the video, Gino.

      With regards to your photos, I did get your permission to use the photographs on your website. I emailed you on 12/7/2009:

      "Hello,

      My name is Nicholas Ozorak. I am the creator of the Microsoft Train
      Simulator review show "At The Railyard". My work can be seen in the
      "Video Reviews" section on my website here:

      www.attherailyard.com

      I'm planning on reviewing Paul Charland's virtual FJ&G route.
      However, I'd like to use some of the photos on your site to compare
      the virtual route to locations on the real line. My reviews are
      non-profit, and I would credit the site (or whoever needs credit) for
      letting me use the photos. Do I have permission to do so?

      Regards,

      Nick"

      ...and your response on the same day...

      "Go right ahead Nick. Credit "Gino's Railpage" for the photos.

      Paul's creation is out of this world. Let me know when the review is up, I'd like to
      see it...

      Gino"

      Public domain was referring to the photos that weren't yours. These were from other sources.

      As for the video, someone else had sent me those clips beforehand, and I wasn't sure who they originally belonged to. I sent you an email asking about it last April but didn't receive a response.

      Trust me, I'm careful about the material I use in my reviews. My goal with the review was to bring the FJ&G to a larger audience.

      Nick

      --
      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com