15493Re: YouTube Video

  • Nick
    May 22, 2013
      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

      > There is a pretty neat video on YouTube of a guy doing a review on Paul
      > Charland's FJ&G on Microsoft Train Simulator. The job is amazing and if
      > you'd like to check it out, go here:
      > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfHMZRcxJoQ
      >
      > With that said, let me point out how this person used movies that I
      > transfered to video as well as many photos from mine and Paul Larner's
      > collections. He credits "Gino's Railpage, Public Domain," but I don't know
      > where that comes from! My webpage is available to all who wishes to visit,
      > but Public Domain it is not!!!!!!
      >
      > In the future, it helps to get permission when you'd like to used someone's
      > property!
      >
      > From the pulpit,
      >
      > Gino
      >
      > --
      > http://fjgrr.org
      > http://ginosrailpage.com
      > http://ginostrolleypage.com
      > http://ginosrailblog.blogspot.com/

      I'm glad you like the video, Gino.

      With regards to your photos, I did get your permission to use the photographs on your website. I emailed you on 12/7/2009:

      "Hello,

      My name is Nicholas Ozorak. I am the creator of the Microsoft Train
      Simulator review show "At The Railyard". My work can be seen in the
      "Video Reviews" section on my website here:

      www.attherailyard.com

      I'm planning on reviewing Paul Charland's virtual FJ&G route.
      However, I'd like to use some of the photos on your site to compare
      the virtual route to locations on the real line. My reviews are
      non-profit, and I would credit the site (or whoever needs credit) for
      letting me use the photos. Do I have permission to do so?

      Regards,

      Nick"

      ...and your response on the same day...

      "Go right ahead Nick. Credit "Gino's Railpage" for the photos.

      Paul's creation is out of this world. Let me know when the review is up, I'd like to
      see it...

      Gino"

      Public domain was referring to the photos that weren't yours. These were from other sources.

      As for the video, someone else had sent me those clips beforehand, and I wasn't sure who they originally belonged to. I sent you an email asking about it last April but didn't receive a response.

      Trust me, I'm careful about the material I use in my reviews. My goal with the review was to bring the FJ&G to a larger audience.

      Nick
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic