Who is going to SPIE in San Jose, CA?

  • vpzvmgir
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2005
      Hello.

      If you do not know what SPIE is, do not read this.

      I will be attending the SPIE conference next week. Among other
      Phystechs who will be going there, is there an interest to learn what
      do other Phystech participants do professionally and even possibly to
      arrange an informal Phystech get together?

      We do not have much time left for arrangements - like 2-3 days before
      the conference starts.

      I volunteer to create a small mailing list. The purpose is to
      exchange the information on who will be there and possibly to
      exchange the contact details.

      It will be up to you to contact the others - e.g. if you want to
      coordinate a Phystech party/reception/dinner/anything else. I will
      just circulate the list of people with the info that they supplied -
      not later than Saturday, February 26.

      If you chose to join this mailing list, please send me an email
      message with the following information.

      1. Required: Full name (first or an initial + last) in English
      2. Desirable: Present affiliation (company/university/lab)
      3. Desirable: Phystech department and the year of graduation
      4. Desirable: Sub-conference and the title of the presentation at SPIE
      5. Optional: contact details at SPIE (phone no, email)
      5. Optional: professional interests
      6. Optional: whatever you think may be useful and relevant

      Do not join this list if you will not be at SPIE or if you do not
      want to supply your full name (first or an initial + last). All info
      that I will collect will be emailed to all people who joined this
      mailing list. This information will not be shared with anybody else
      and it will not be used for any other purpose by me. The participants
      of the mailing list are requested to do the same.

      Thank you!

      Azat Latypov, FUPM-89
    • Oleg Kolosov
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2005
        Hi, guys,

        I am not going - but me (and few others) are living in San Jose area - would be great to meet.

        Oleg Kolosov,
        Symyx Technologies,
        408-3079895 (mobile)
        FOPF - 1976 (entered)
        FMKhF - 1982 (graduated) (institutes worked with/ basy - ISAN, IFVD, IKhF, NIIpoBIKhS, IRE, VNIIFTRI)
        Nanotechnology, Material Science, Sensors

        Have fun,
        Oleg.

        vpzvmgir <vpzvmgir@...> wrote:

[...]

        Take a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable web site for
        anyone who cares about public education!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/1gzaND/8WnJAA/HwKMAA/1MXolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Dr. Oleg Kolosov

        Director, Innovation and Sensor Technology,
        Symyx Technologies,
        Santa Clara, CA, USA

        address for NANO-SCIENCE communications:
        1045 Arlington Lane,
        San Jose, CA 95129,
        USA
        tel: 408-3079895