Could not find fixture: fitnesse.DivisionFoo?.

  • prkristoff
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
      Folks,

      I tried looking through the archives for this answer and tried some
      of the suggestions, but could not get this simple test working. The
      setup is as follows:

      o I am using Java and trying to integrate this test into my current
      web app.

      o my web app is up and running under tomcat port 8080 and fitnesse is
      up and running on port 8081.

      o The class DivisionFoo is defined as follows and located at
      "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
      5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes\" in the fitnesse package:

      package fitnesse;

      import fit.ColumnFixture;

      public class DivisionFoo extends ColumnFixture {
      public double numerator, denominator;
      public double quotient() {
      return numerator/denominator;
      }
      }

      o the fitnesse.jar is located in "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
      Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes"

      o the fitlibrary.jar is also located in "C:\Program Files\Apache
      Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes"

      o the test looks like:

      !path C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
      5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes\fitnesse.jar
      !path C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
      5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes

      |fitnesse.DivisionFoo|
      |numerator|denominator|quotient?|
      |10 |2 |5 |
      |12.6 |3 |4.2 |
      |100 |4 |33 |

      When I execute the test, it get the following error message: "Could
      not find fixture: fitnesse.DivisionFoo?."

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Paul Kristoff
    • Ryan McCullough
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
        I don't believe you can have another jar file named fitnesse.jar.

        Try putting your fixture code in a jar file with a name other than fitnesse.jar. Also try putting the jar file in the fitnesse directory or in a directory under the fitnesse directory and use a relative path in the !path statement. I don't know if it makes a difference but I use forward slashes (/) rather than backslashes (\) for my !path statements. I may have done this so that it works on both windows and linux though.

        -Ryan

        On 12/26/07, prkristoff <PKristoff@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:fitnesse-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto: fitnesse-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Ryan McCullough
        mailto:rmccullough@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
          Ryan,

          Thanks for the suggestions.

          First, I did not put my fixture code in the fitness.jar file. So,
          the jar file has not changed since I downloaded it.
          Second, I renamed the package from fitnesse to fitnesse1.
          Third, when I tried moving the fitnesse.jar to fitnesse1 package, I
          could not get the file DivisionFoo.java, which is in fitnesse1, to
          compile.
          Fourth, since I could not get DivisionFoo.java to compile, I
          abandoned the relative path stuff.
          Fifth, I changed the class paths to use slashes rather than backslashes.

          All that said, I still get the same error. Any other suggestions
          would be greatly appreciated.

          Paul

          --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan McCullough" <rmccullough@...>
          wrote:

          > I don't believe you can have another jar file named fitnesse.jar.
          >
          > Try putting your fixture code in a jar file with a name other than
          > fitnesse.jar. Also try putting the jar file in the fitnesse
          directory or in
          > a directory under the fitnesse directory and use a relative path in the
          > !path statement. I don't know if it makes a difference but I use forward
          > slashes (/) rather than backslashes (\) for my !path statements. I
          may have
          > done this so that it works on both windows and linux though.
          >
          > -Ryan
          >
          > On 12/26/07, prkristoff <PKristoff@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Folks,
          > >
          > > I tried looking through the archives for this answer and tried some
          > > of the suggestions, but could not get this simple test working. The
          > > setup is as follows:
          > >
          > > o I am using Java and trying to integrate this test into my current
          > > web app.
          > >
          > > o my web app is up and running under tomcat port 8080 and fitnesse is
          > > up and running on port 8081.
          > >
          > > o The class DivisionFoo is defined as follows and located at
          > > "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
          > > 5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes\" in the fitnesse package:
          > >
          > > package fitnesse;
          > >
          > > import fit.ColumnFixture;
          > >
          > > public class DivisionFoo extends ColumnFixture {
          > > public double numerator, denominator;
          > > public double quotient() {
          > > return numerator/denominator;
          > > }
          > > }
          > >
          > > o the fitnesse.jar is located in "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
          > > Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes"
          > >
          > > o the fitlibrary.jar is also located in "C:\Program Files\Apache
          > > Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes"
          > >
          > > o the test looks like:
          > >
          > > !path C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
          > > 5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes\fitnesse.jar
          > > !path C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
          > > 5.0\webapps\trm\WEB-INF\classes
          > >
          > > |fitnesse.DivisionFoo|
          > > |numerator|denominator|quotient?|
          > > |10 |2 |5 |
          > > |12.6 |3 |4.2 |
          > > |100 |4 |33 |
          > >
          > > When I execute the test, it get the following error message: "Could
          > > not find fixture: fitnesse.DivisionFoo?."
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance for your help.
          > >
          > > Paul Kristoff
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Ryan McCullough
          > mailto:rmccullough@...

        • Dassing, Andrew
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
            The problem has to do with FitNesse seeing "fitnesse.DivisionF oo", specifically "", as a wiki page name; FitNesse places a "?" after any wiki page name that doesn't exist.  The solution is to place a bang (exclamatin point) in front of the table's first line, or escape the name of the table class.

            Examples:
            !|fitnesse.DivisionF oo|
                 :
            or
            |!-fitnesse.DivisionF oo-!|
                 :

            Stay Fit,
            Andy

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
              Andy,

              That worked, thanks.

              Paul

              --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "Dassing, Andrew"
              <andrew.dassing@...> wrote:

              > The problem has to do with FitNesse seeing "fitnesse.DivisionFoo",
              > specifically "", as a wiki page name; FitNesse places a "?" after any
              > wiki page name that doesn't exist. The solution is to place a bang
              > (exclamatin point) in front of the table's first line, or escape the
              > name of the table class.
              >
              > Examples:
              > !|fitnesse.DivisionFoo|
              > :
              > or
              > |!-fitnesse.DivisionFoo-!|
              > :
              >
              > Stay Fit,
              > Andy

            • Tim Walker
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
                The alternative would be to use an Import table and then specify the fixture as a graceful syntax..

                |Import|
                |fitnesse|

                |Division Foo||

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
                  The Import may not be necessary.  If my memory serves me, the fit and fitnesse name spaces are searched auto-magically.  Nevertheless, the escaping is required for flow-control-based fixtures...for now.  ;-)