Re: [fitnesse] Does DBFit read connection on the fly

  • Gojko Adzic
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 3:39 PM
      Sathi wrote:

      > to be able to automate the tests it is sometimes required to run the
      > whole test suite for different database.Right now in DBFit, you have
      > setup pages that contains your connection info.Is there a way to change
      > the connection info on the fly? or else we have to go into every set up
      > and change the connection info.
      > anybody has any idea?

      I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here. If you want to run
      the same suite (whole suite) against two databases, create the new suite
      with a different setup, and then use symbolic links to "import" tests
      from the first suite into the second. This way you can maintain your
      tests in one place, and have two suites for two different databases.

      dbfit also allows you to extend the fixtures and pass a DbEnvironment
      object instead of the default one (this was a recent change), but that
      requires a bit of .net development on your site.

      the target for version 1.0 is to enable fixtures to read the default
      connection properties from an external file (in fact, that's the only
      remaining change before .net version reaches 1.0). this will be
      implemented relatively soon (probably not this week, though).

      gojko

    • R. Jensen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        Sathi wrote:
        > to be able to automate the tests it is sometimes required to run the
        > whole test suite for different database.Right now in DBFit, you have
        > setup pages that contains your connection info.Is there a way to change
        > the connection info on the fly? or else we have to go into every set up
        > and change the connection info.
        > anybody has any idea?

        I don't use DBFit, but I've written tests that run against Oracle
        and Informix.

        I run the common tests against the different databases
        by using symbolic links.

        MainSuite
        IndependentTests
        OracleSuite
        SetUp
        CommonTests -> (symbolic link to CommonTests)
        OracleSpecificTests
        InformixSuite
        SetUp
        CommonTests -> (symbolic link to CommonTests)
        InformixSpecifcTests

        CommonTests

        Richard.