Re: [fitnesse] Re: Parsing trailing spaces in .NET version of FIT

  • Mike Stockdale
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1 6:43 PM
      It's in that version.

      efj1jst wrote:
      Thanks Mike,

      I've been using the 20070322 version (labled 1.2) which I downloaded
      from http://gojko.net/.  Is the functionality you refer to in a more
      recent release and, if so, could you please point me to its location.

      Much Appreciated.

      Ernie Josefik

      --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Mike Stockdale <jediwhale@...> wrote:

      Following was added to latest release of fitnessedotnet to enable

      the

      standard behavior while allowing legacy tests to use the old

      behavior:

      FitVersionFixture controls behavior that differs between different

      Fit

      versions.

      Currently, there are two versions of behavior supported:

          * FitNesse leaves whitespace unchanged in cell text.
          * Fit Standard removes leading and trailing whitespace,

      condenses

            embedded whitespace, converts br tags to line-feeds and

      performs

            some clean-up on Word-generated HTML.

      To use the Fit Standard behavior, you can do any of the following.

      Include a table at the beginning of the test-page.

      |FitVersion|std|

      Include a call in your fixture constructor.

      FitVersionFixture.Set{"std");

      Include a setting in the appropriate config file.

      <appSettings>
          <add key="fitVersion" value="std" />
      </appSettings>

    • timander37
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3 11:00 AM
        The work around we use if we need to verify spaces is to replace all
        spaces with carrots in our fixture code
        StringUtils.replace(value, " ", "^")

        Along with this, we change our font on the fitnesse page for the tests
        to something that is fixed-width
        !- <font size="3" face="Courier New"> -!
        !|some row fixture that replaces spaces with carrots|
        |^^^^some^^text^^^^|
        |^^^where^I^care^^^|
        |^^^about^^lines^^^|
        |^^^with^^spaces^^^|
        !- </font> -!
      • Mike Stockdale
        Message 3 of 9 , May 15 8:19 PM
          Yes, I like that style because you can clearly see how many 'spaces'
          you're expecting, without cursoring through them and counting...