Re: [fitnesse] Fitnesse with C++

  • Johannes Link
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Anderson, Kelly schrieb:
      > Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you use Fitnesse for C++
      > programs?

      In a recent project we are using Fitnesse.Net for testing C++ applications.
      You have basically two options to get at your code from .NET in VS 2005:
      1) Make any C++ function or class you want to test publicly available in
      a DLL and use .NET's [DLLImport] attribute in your fixture code. This
      works but we had some difficulty converting/marshalling types and
      structures.
      2) Switch your C++ compiler option to enable CLR, build a thin wrapper
      of managed C++ around your legacy C++ classes and just call your managed
      C++ code from C#/VB.NET. Theoretically, you can even mix the managed
      wrapper code and the unmanaged code in the same DLL. I would not
      recommend that, though, due to problems with DLLMain and MFC restrictions.

      All this works for Microsoft apps only, I'm afraid.

      Johannes
    • Bob Koss
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        On Jan 29, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Anderson, Kelly wrote:

        > Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you use Fitnesse for C++
        > programs?

        Yes you can. If you are using Windows, the C++ Fitserver on the
        website should work. If you are using Linux, we need to get you a
        soon-to-be-released version of the Fit server.

        ---
        Robert S. Koss, Ph. D.
        Senior Consultant
        www.objectmentor.com