RE: [fitnesse] skip a test?

  • Michael Silverstein
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2003
      Message
      Might one possible approach be to create a fixture that executes tests defined as rows of page names in a given table? I would guess that this wouldn't require changes to the base framework.

      The fixture approach also gives people the opportunity to add extensions. For example, one could create a fixture extension that uses a column to defines dependencies. Perhaps it might only run the tests in the page for a given row if a specified file, file within a package, or file within a classpath entry, etc. has changed since the last run.

      -----------------------------
      Mike Silverstein
      SilverMark, Inc.
      The Object Testing Company
      www.javatesting.com

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
          Robert Martin (UncleBob) wrote:
          One of the stories that Micah and I are going to be working on soon is "Test Lists".  This story allows you to create a page that runs like a suite.  On this page you list all the other pages that you want included in that suite.  This will allow us to create suite pages for each iteration, or for each subsystem, or for each configuration, etc.

          It looks promising. When you will do it, please consider an implementation that permits to exclude, rather than include, a page, in order to minimize manual effort.

          Thanks,
          Giuliano