What happened to www.fitnesse.org?

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 1, 2003
      ?? :-(
    • Phlip
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 1, 2003
        > ?? :-(

        Mailing lists that support a product go quiet when nobody has a technical
        question about it.

        AgileTesting is the mailing list for acceptance test discussions.

        --
        Phlip
      • Ilja Preuß
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 1, 2003
          > Mailing lists that support a product go quiet when nobody has
          > a technical question about it.

          I think the OP was referring to the website, which seems to be down.

          Take care, Ilja
        • Stephen
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 1, 2003
            --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Ilja Preuß <ilja.preuss@v...> wrote:
            > > Mailing lists that support a product go quiet when nobody has
            > > a technical question about it.
            >
            > I think the OP was referring to the website, which seems to be down.
            >
            > Take care, Ilja

            Yep. I was. Wanted to find some acceptance tests to show a friend,
            but got embarrassed when I found the site down. :-).

            -S.
          • Robert Martin (UncleBob)
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 1, 2003
              Sorry guys. We are moving our offices, and I think the cord got unplugged
              during one of the shuffles. I'm in Portland at the moment. I'll see if I
              can get someone to go in on Thursday to plug it back in.

              Bob.

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Matt Scilipoti
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 1, 2003
                Not the mailing list, the website. It returns "No web site is
                configured at this address."

                And I can't find AgileTesting group anywhere. Could you help us with
                some more specific directions?

              • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 2, 2003
                  > Not the mailing list, the website. It returns "No web site is
                  > configured at this address."
                  >
                  > And I can't find AgileTesting group anywhere. Could you help us with
                  > some more specific directions?

                  I've got a 'testdrivendevelopment' Yahoo group. This might be what
                  Phlip means.

                  John Roth

                • Robert Martin (UncleBob)
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 2, 2003
                    James Grenning says he'll go to check the servers at 10AM today (central
                    time).

                    Object Mentor has moved its offices from Vernon Hills to Gurnee. We are all
                    moved in now, except for the servers. Our new T1 line has been slow to
                    arrive, so we had to the servers in the old office.

                  • Demyanovich, Craig - Apogent
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 2, 2003
                      > Object Mentor has moved its offices from Vernon Hills to Gurnee.

                      ObjectMentors,

                      Did you secure some office space in Six Flags Great America? If so, I'd
                      like to see velocity measured before and after the move. ;-)

                      Enjoy the new office,
                      Craig
                    • Robert Martin (UncleBob)
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 2, 2003
                        Thanks Craig,

                        Actually we are right accross the street from Great America. The new office
                        is on the east side of Route 21, and the park is on the west side. I
                        imagine we'll all get season passes and walk over for lunch.

                        Bob.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 2, 2003
                          > > Mailing lists that support a product go quiet when nobody has
                          > > a technical question about it.
                          >
                          > I think the OP was referring to the website, which seems to be down.

                          I refuse to amend my policy regarding reading the entire post before
                          responding to it!

                          --
                          Phlip
                        • Ilja Preuß
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 2, 2003
                            BTW, does anyone know something about http://www.agiletesting.com/ ?
                            Looks strange to me...

                            Take care, Ilja
                          • Micah Martin
                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 6, 2003
                              Now that I'm back from France I had a chance to look at the server. The
                              process spit out a long complaint about being out of memory perhaps caused
                              by the ResultResponder. This Responder was recently added to chunk

                              I've set up the fitnesse.org server to do a bit more logging in hopes that
                              it will help to pin point the problem if it happens again.

                              Micah

                              Micah Martin - micah@...
                              Software Developer - Object Mentor, Inc.
                              www.objectmentor.com

                            • Stephen
                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 6, 2003
                                While we're on the subject, how's that database integration going? :-)

                                Message 15 of 20 , Oct 7, 2003
                                  Stephen,

                                  You think I've forgotten about it but I have not. It's my intention to have
                                  the next release to be capable of accepting the database plugin.

                                  Soon we'll have to talk more about the machanics.

                                  Micah

                                  Micah Martin - micah@...
                                  Software Developer - Object Mentor, Inc.
                                  www.objectmentor.com

                                • Stephen
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 7, 2003
                                    Aww.. I made no such accusation. :-). I was just playing. Since you
                                    just got back from France, there's no possible way you could have done
                                    all that stuff. I look forward to conversing about mechanics. :-)

                                    -S.

                                    --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Micah Martin <micah@o...> wrote:
                                    > Stephen,
                                    >
                                    > You think I've forgotten about it but I have not. It's my intention
                                    to have
                                    > the next release to be capable of accepting the database plugin.
                                    >
                                    > Soon we'll have to talk more about the machanics.
                                    >
                                    > Micah

                                    > Micah Martin - micah@o...
                                    > Software Developer - Object Mentor, Inc.
                                    > www.objectmentor.com

                                  • alan_in_2003
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Dec 3, 2003
                                      It wasn't there again today...

                                      --
                                      Alan Griffiths
                                    • Ilja Preuß
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Dec 6, 2003
                                        > It wasn't there again today...

                                        Seems to absent since more than a week, if I remember correctly... :(

                                        Take care, Ilja
                                      • Robert Martin (UncleBob)
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Dec 6, 2003
                                          Sorry about that. The current version of fitnesse.org has a memory bug that
                                          brings the server down at inconvenient times. If you find it down, try back
                                          later. We keep rebooting it when we find it down.

                                          Micah and I will be working to fix this problem this week.

                                          Robert C. Martin |
                                          President & Founder |
                                          Object Mentor Inc. | unclebob @ objectmentor dot com
                                          PO Box 5757 | Tel: (800) 338-6716 x15
                                          565 Lakeview Pkwy | Fax: (847) 573-1658
                                          Suite 135 |
                                          Vernon Hills, IL, | www.objectmentor.com
                                          60061 |

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Dec 8, 2003
                                            This current version of FitNesse running fitnesse.org is a bit unstable when
                                            dealing with heavy traffic and large wiki structures. It periodically runs
                                            out of memory and execution drops to a crawl (a very slow one).

                                            Bob and I have booked this Wednessday to fix this particular problem.

                                            Micah