DoFixture issues in .NET

  • Terence Lewis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm running the 2006-05-30 binaries checked out of fitnessedotnet at sourceforge, and I'm struggling with DoFixture.

      I've got a basic test which looks like the following:

      !|Import|
      |AcceptanceTests|

      |Server Connection|

      |Login Code|ABCD|

      and the code behind it is:

      using

      System;

      using

      System.Collections.Generic;

      using

      System.Text;

      namespace

      AcceptanceTests

      {

      public class ServerConnection : fitlibrary.DoFixture

      {

      public bool LoginCode(string code)

      {

      return false;

      }

      }

      }

      The error I get is:

      System.ApplicationException: Type 'logincode' could not be found in assemblies.

      Apparently it doesn't know that it should continue looking at the DoFixture instead of looking for a new class... Any ideas / suggestions?

      Thanks

      Terence Lewis

    • johneblake
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
        The DoFixture needs to be the first table. Get rid of the Import
        table and explicitly set the namespace on you Server Connection
        fixture.

        --John Blake

        --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "Terence Lewis" <tlewis@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm running the 2006-05-30 binaries checked out of fitnessedotnet
        at
        > sourceforge, and I'm struggling with DoFixture.
        >

        > I've got a basic test which looks like the following:
        >
        > !|Import|
        > |AcceptanceTests|
        >
        > |Server Connection|
        >
        > |Login Code|ABCD|
        >

        > and the code behind it is:
        >

        > using System;
        >
        > using System.Collections.Generic;
        >
        > using System.Text;
        >
        > namespace AcceptanceTests
        >
        > {
        >
        > public class ServerConnection : fitlibrary.DoFixture
        >
        > {
        >
        > public bool LoginCode(string code)
        >
        > {
        >
        > return false;
        >
        > }
        >
        > }
        >
        > }
        >

        > The error I get is:
        >
        > System.ApplicationException: Type 'logincode' could not be found in
        > assemblies.
        >
        > Apparently it doesn't know that it should continue looking at the
        DoFixture
        > instead of looking for a new class... Any ideas / suggestions?
        >

        > Thanks
        >

        > Terence Lewis

      • Terence Lewis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
          Hi,

          Thanks for the reply, but I'm still not getting anywhere. My test now looks like this:

          !|AcceptanceTests.ServerConnection|

          |LoginCode|ABCD|

          and code as follows:

          The DoFixture needs to be the first table. Get rid of the Import
          table and explicitly set the namespace on you Server Connection
          fixture.

          --John Blake

          --- In fitnesse@yahoogroup s.com, "Terence Lewis" <tlewis@...> wrote:

          > Hi,

          I'm running the 2006-05-30 binaries checked out of fitnessedotnet
          at

          sourceforge, and I'm struggling with DoFixture.

          > I've
          got a basic test which looks like the following:

          !|Import|
          > |AcceptanceTests|
          >
          > |Server Connection|
          >
          > |Login Code|ABCD|
          >

          > and the code behind it
          is:

          > using System;
          >
          > using
          System.Collections. Generic;

          > using System.Text;
          >
          > namespace AcceptanceTests
          >
          > {
          >
          > public
          class ServerConnection : fitlibrary.DoFixtur e

          > {
          >
          > public bool LoginCode(string code)
          >
          > {

          return false;

          > }
          >
          > }
          >
          > }
          >

          > The error I get is:

          System.ApplicationE xception: Type 'logincode' could not be found in

          assemblies.

          > Apparently it doesn't know that it should continue
          looking at the
          DoFixture
          > instead of looking for a new class... Any
          ideas / suggestions?

          > Thanks
          >

          > Terence Lewis

        • Terence Lewis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006
            Apologies for my last email... my finger slipped to ctrl-s accidentally before I was finished typing :(

            Anyway, I've got:

            !|AcceptanceTests.ServerConnection|

            |LoginCode|ABCD|

            and code as before.

            Are you sure there's nothing in the fitnessedotnet tag that would cause this?

            The DoFixture needs to be the first table. Get rid of the Import
            table and explicitly set the namespace on you Server Connection
            fixture.

            --John Blake

            --- In fitnesse@yahoogroup s.com, "Terence Lewis" <tlewis@...> wrote:

            > Hi,

            I'm running the 2006-05-30 binaries checked out of fitnessedotnet
            at

            sourceforge, and I'm struggling with DoFixture.

            > I've
            got a basic test which looks like the following:

            !|Import|
            > |AcceptanceTests|
            >
            > |Server Connection|
            >
            > |Login Code|ABCD|
            >

            > and the code behind it
            is:

            > using System;
            >
            > using
            System.Collections. Generic;

            > using System.Text;
            >
            > namespace AcceptanceTests
            >
            > {
            >
            > public
            class ServerConnection : fitlibrary.DoFixtur e

            > {
            >
            > public bool LoginCode(string code)
            >
            > {

            return false;

            > }
            >
            > }
            >
            > }
            >

            > The error I get is:

            System.ApplicationE xception: Type 'logincode' could not be found in

            assemblies.

            > Apparently it doesn't know that it should continue
            looking at the
            DoFixture
            > instead of looking for a new class... Any
            ideas / suggestions?

            > Thanks
            >

            > Terence Lewis

          • Terence Lewis
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
              Hi,

              OK, after doing a bit of digging through the mailing list (which I guess I should've done first, sorry), it appears that my fixture will work provided everything is in one big table.

              For now, I guess I'll just stick everything into one big table, but it's a bit uglier, as Jordan mentions, because I had some "comments" between sections that now have to go...

              The DoFixture needs to be the first table. Get rid of the Import
              table and explicitly set the namespace on you Server Connection
              fixture.

              --John Blake

              --- In fitnesse@yahoogroup s.com, "Terence Lewis" <tlewis@...> wrote:

              > Hi,

              I'm running the 2006-05-30 binaries checked out of fitnessedotnet
              at

              sourceforge, and I'm struggling with DoFixture.

              > I've
              got a basic test which looks like the following:

              !|Import|
              > |AcceptanceTests|
              >
              > |Server Connection|
              >
              > |Login Code|ABCD|
              >

              > and the code behind it
              is:

              > using System;
              >
              > using
              System.Collections. Generic;

              > using System.Text;
              >
              > namespace AcceptanceTests
              >
              > {
              >
              > public
              class ServerConnection : fitlibrary.DoFixtur e

              > {
              >
              > public bool LoginCode(string code)
              >
              > {

              return false;