Re: Can we integrate Fitnesse with Quality Centre / Test Director

  • Alistair McKinnell
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2006
      I would say that the answer is sort of. Not so long ago I managed
      to create a somewhat unsatisfactory integration between our
      FitNesse tests and Test Director. It was sufficient to placate
      the powers that be.

      The issue is how to synchronize the set of test cases in
      Test Director with the set of test pages in FitNesse under
      modification to those test pages. Essentially you have a data
      replication problem. If I use FitNesse to rename a test page
      how do I make the corresponding test case rename in Test Director?

      We never really solved it. At each synchronization point we deleted
      all the tests in Test Director and imported the latest set from FitNesse.

      Alistair

      --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "skumar_8_76" <skumar_8_76@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Our Management takes test status report from Quality Centre / Test
      > Director.
      >
      > Can Fitnesse be integrated with Quality Centre/Test Director.
      > Please let me know.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Sreeni

    • utahkay
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2006
        I had to report results in Mercury TestDirector. As has already been
        mentioned on this thread, there are two parts to integrating.

        (1) Syncing the test execution status into TestDirector.

        I wrote an ant task that read the HTML output from Fitnesse and
        created a text file with the test name and the test execution status
        (pass, fail, or error). Then I wrote a TestDirector script (which I
        applied to each test in TestDirector) that read from the text file and
        set the execution status appropriately.

        (2) Syncing the tests into TestDirector.

        I ran a report in TestDirector that simply listed the test names, and
        saved it to a file. I munged the text file from (1) to only have the
        test names. Then I sorted both files and used diff to compare them.
        Then I hand-added or removed tests in TestDirector until the reports
        were identical. I did this about once a week.

        So, I updated TestDirector for about 10 months until I gave up.
        Interestingly, I haven't updated anything in TestDirector for the past
        3 months, and nobody has noticed. Makes me think I could have made my
        life easier and just put random data in TestDirector, it might have
        been just as useful.

        -Kay