Fitnesse tests tags are missing when code is pulled/cloned on other machine

  • rupesh_kumar80002
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2017

      I have created different test suites and tests on fitnesse wiki. These tests under the test suites have different Tags (to be able to run the tests with a particular tag at a time).

      My project is hosted on gitlab/vsts. When I push my code to the gitlab/vsts, the tag is saved like below in the corresponding test file on server (Here, P1 is a tag):

      ---

      Suites: P1

      ---

      When I pull the code on some other m/c or clone the project, start the fitnesse server and open the fitnesse wiki: the tag is missing on the fitnesse wiki test page.

      Instead, I can see below in the test pane (where we create tests):

      ---

      Suites: P1

      ---

      I want my tags to appear correctly as it was in the fitnesse wiki in the development machine irrespective of where ever I clone/pull the project, and open the Fitnesse wiki.

      How can I get the tags set when I clone/pull the project on another machine.

      Any help is very much appreciated.

      Thanks!!

    • rupesh_kumar80002
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2017

        I have created different test suites and tests on fitnesse wiki. These tests under the test suites have different Tags (to be able to run the tests with a particular tag at a time).

        My project is hosted on gitlab. When I push my code to the gitlab, the tag (P1) is saved like below in the corresponding test file on server:

        ---

        Suites: P1

        ---

        When I pull the code on some other m/c or clone the project, start the fitnesse server and open the fitnesse wiki: the tag is missing on the fitnesse wiki test page.

        Instead, I can see below in test pane (where we create tests):

        ---

        Suites: P1

        ---

        I want my tags to appear correctly as it was in the fitnesse wiki in the development machine irrespective of where ever I clone/pull the project, and open the Fitnesse wiki.

        Is this the behavior of fitnesse or I missing something.

        Any help is very much appreciated.

        Thanks!!

      • bbmcguinness78
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2017
          the properties.xml file stores the tagname so this is where you should check in gitlab to see is it correct.
          I would imagine your properties.xml for that suite should look something like this....

          <properties>
          <Edit/>
          <Files/>
          <Properties/>
          <RecentChanges/>
          <Refactor/>
          <Search/>
          <Suite/>
          <Suites>P1</Suites>
          <Versions/>
          <WhereUsed/>
          </properties>
        • rupesh_kumar80002
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2017
            Thank you very much for reply.

            I tried adding the above properties.xml file but it did not work.

            Below is the Suite & Test structure on my fitnesse wiki:
            TestSuiteA
            TestSuite1
            DefaultTestData - static page
            HappyPathTest - Test page
            TestSuite2
            DefaultTestData - static page
            HappyPathTest - Test page
            TestSuite3
            DefaultTestData - static page
            HappyPathTest - Test page
            ---
            ---
            TestSuiteB
            TestSuite1
            DefaultTestData - static page
            HappyPathTest - Test page
            TestSuite2
            DefaultTestData - static page
            HappyPathTest - Test page
            ---
            ---
            and so on ...

            I have set a Tag "P1" in all "HappyPathTest" pages for now. (which I can change later based on the the suites)
            I added below properties.xml file under TestSuiteA -> TestSuite1, TestSuite2 and TestSuite3 to verify.
            <properties>
            <Edit/>
            <Files/>
            <Properties/>
            <RecentChanges/>
            <Refactor/>
            <Search/>
            <Suite/>
            <Suites>P1</Suites>
            <Versions/>
            <WhereUsed/>
            </properties>

            Pushed the changes to the gitlab and pulled it in another machine. I am getting the same issue. The tags are still missing.

            I found some other solution on github, tried with this but it also did not help:

            To try this solution, I appended my "TestSuite1.wiki" & "HappyPathTest.wiki" contents with lf and added wiki.gitattributes file in FitNesseRoot folder. Proceeded with the steps but got the same issue on the other machine "Tag missing issue".

            Any clue where I am going wrong?
            Thanks !! in advance.