Stack traces in SLIM tests (with FitSharp)

  • reprive23
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2017

      Since I'm using FitNesse 20161106, I quite frequently get stack traces in the FitNesse console window which are almost exactly as described in https://github.com/unclebob/fitnesse/issues/989 (by fhouben). They happen when I run tests, and it doesn't seem to matter what tests I run - from the simplest one-table demos to complex suites, SLIM or FIT.  I've seen this happen on Windows 7 (x64) and Windows 10 (x64) - intermittently but quite frequently. The tests themselves run fine. I've downloaded the edge build (20170510) and there the same thing happens. So the thing that fixed fhouben's issue doesn't seem to fix mine.

      Can anyone tell me what could be the problem and/or provide tips on how to figure this out?

      WARNING: Socket Exception at: 1496748627606 [Software caused connection abort: socket write error]

      java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

              at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)

              at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

              at fitnesse.FitNesseExpediter.send(FitNesseExpediter.java:70)

              at fitnesse.http.ChunkedResponse.closeTrailer(ChunkedResponse.java:75)

              at fitnesse.http.ChunkedResponse.close(ChunkedResponse.java:82)

              at fitnesse.responders.run.SuiteResponder.closeHtmlResponse(SuiteResponder.java:362)

              at fitnesse.responders.run.SuiteResponder.doSending(SuiteResponder.java:125)

              at fitnesse.responders.ChunkingResponder.startSending(ChunkingResponder.java:74)

              at fitnesse.http.ChunkedResponse.sendTo(ChunkedResponse.java:27)

              at fitnesse.FitNesseExpediter.sendResponse(FitNesseExpediter.java:93)

              at fitnesse.FitNesseExpediter.run(FitNesseExpediter.java:59)

              at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

    • andydassing
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2017
        Things to consider:
        • Are there more than one fitnesse.jar or fitnesse-standalone.jar files on the classpath?  FitNesse jar files of mismatched versions will cause issues.
        • Is there another service using the same ports as FitNesse?
        • Is a custom COMMAND_PATTERN needed or in use?  Might it be using a different Java version or fitnesse[-standalone].jar file?
        • Is an override of SLIM_PORT needed to set spawned sockets to a range other than 8085..8095?
        • Are the desired, spawned ports available for FitNesse, or are they protected?
      • reprive23
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2017
          The SLIM_PORT override definitely has impact. I moved it to 8475, and I haven't seen the error yet. I'll keep monitoring, but thanks a lot for the tip!