Fitnesse for HTTP and HTTPS calls

  • Srinivas Mamidala
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2017

      Hi All,

      I started using fitnesse with restfixture to test my rest calls(HTTP)  its simple and working fine.
      I wanted to test some services over https and I tried to modify restfixture but couldn't make it.
      Can anyone help me to get it or Is there any other fixtures that I can use to test https calls.

      Thanks In Advance.
    • andydassing
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2017
        You may find a solution with easyFit:

      • Srinivas Mamidala
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2017
          Thank you for the response.

          I have setup the easyfit on my machine.
          I wanted to test some basic http and https services with fitnesse easyfit fixture can anyone please share some documents to refer to write wiki tables.

          Is easyfit supports only GET and POST methods? it won't support other methods like DELETE,PUT ....etc..

          Thanks,

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 5, 2017
              I suggest you learn the basic slim approach to dixture development without using web services so you understand how it works.
              Then use your favorite REST client from those fixtures by writing the code to execute the calls you need.

              I assume you already know how to use your preferred REST client so what you need to learn slim can be found here: http://www.fitnesse.org/FitNesse.UserGuide.WritingAcceptanceTests.SliM

              Cheers,
              Sebastian