Newbie Q: Odd ClassPath Behavior

  • blakenan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      All,
      I'm just getting started with FitNesse by reading an playing
      with the examples included in the FitNess distro. In doing this, I've
      observed some strange behavior that I was hoping someone could explain
      to me.
      In the process of playing with the CreatingTestTables page, I
      added the following line to the top of the page:

      !path C:\fitnesse\FitNesseRoot\files\examples\

      Once I saved and tested this page, the actual results second row of
      the eg.Division fixture went from "4.2" to "4.2000003" and caused the
      test case to fail. Huh? What am I missing? Since the test runs OK
      wihtout thie path statement that I added, I recognize that the path
      statement is likely not needed. I just figured it would be redundant,
      not that it would change the behavior. Thanks in advance for the
      advice...

      - Bill Lakenan
      - blakenan@...
    • Micah Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        The classpath may not have anything to do with it. It's possible that
        the eg.Division in the examples folder works differently. I don't
        recall. But it's also possible that the floating point math is
        randomly giving you that little bit of imprecision for some reason.
        I've seen it before.

        Micah Martin
        Object Mentor, Inc.
        www.objectmentor.com