Re: The difference between ?suite and ?test actions in CLI

  • Dan Woodward
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25 2:20 PM
      Racoon,

      There is a challenge in doing this behavior. The -c parameter is essentially invoking a request the same as if the page was being requested by a normal web client. Something would have to provide the signal to get the right responder, as I'm pretty sure we don't want to change the DefaultResponder to do this. And the command runner class itself won't have the ability to parse the properties of the page being run, as that isn't what its meant to do.

      About the only thing I could think of, is adding a new responder and having the command line runner automatically, add a "?runtestorsuite" parameter to the end of the url being fetched if there is no responder parameter in the url. Even then, you will then make using &format=xml or other parameters harder to do in conjunction.

      If you decide to contribute something, whatever solution you come up with should consider the other responders and be very careful about touching the default responder.

      Daniel A. Woodward
      FitNesse using Slim and Java
      @woodybrood
      http://whotestedthis.com