fit/fitnesse version mix

  • Schrecker, Wolfgang
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013

      HI everybody!

      Libraries needed for fit/fitnesse are rather obscure for me. Can someone please explain.

      The most common error message I get is ‘class/method not found’.

      When I fix this, often another class or method is missing or has been moved.

      Any help appreciated

      respectfully, Hochachtungsvoll

      Wolfgang Schrecker

      P.S.:

      The Idea that every personal problem is a mental illness is practically a mental illness itself. It is caused primarily by thoughtlessness, and cured primarily by thoughtfulness.

      From: Lou Marinoff, „Plato not Prozac“ p.36

      Geschäftsführer: Wolf Kunisch
      Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christophe Duquenne
      Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
      Handelsregister: Frankfurt/Main HRB 40 417

      * * * * * * * * L E G A L    D I S C L A I M E R * * * * * * * *
      This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and shall not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
      * * * * * * * * L E G A L    D I S C L A I M E R * * * * * * * *
    • Markus Gaertner
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi Wolfgang,

        Welcome to the FitNesse Yahoo Group. FitNesse is a fully integrated
        standalone wiki, and acceptance testing framework, and this is the
        official discussion group for it. It is important to note that
        FitNesse supports multiple languages and a number of test fixture
        styles. The range of languages and options makes it really important
        to provide as much information as possible. A wide range of FitNesse
        users read this list, and they are very willing to help - and they can
        only help you, if you help them to understand your problem.

        Please make sure your problem has not been answered recently. To do so
        please make sure it is not mentioned among the most recent entries on
        the list. You can view these here:

        When you ask questions or have a problem, it is really best if you
        include the following details to help the others answer your questions
        faster:

        - Version of FitNesse
        - Test System: SLiM, Fit, FitLibrary
        - Programming Language
        - Operating system
        - Any other tools, frameworks or fixture libraries you’re using with
        FitNesse (i.e. SpiderFixture, RESTFixture, DbFit, etc.)
        - If possible table examples and code snippets

        Additional resources for FitNesse users:

        - The FitNesse website: http://FitNesse.org
        - FitNesse Source Repository: http://github.com/unclebob/fitnesse
        - FitNesse defect tracking: http://github.com/unclebob/fitnesse/issues
        - FitNesse tag on stackoverflow.com:
        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/fitnesse

        Thank you for your interest in FitNesse and your involvement in the
        discussion group.

        Best
        Markus

        --
        Dipl.-Inform. Markus Gärtner
        Author of ATDD by Example - A Practical Guide to Acceptance
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2013
          Hi Wolfgang,

          are you using the fitnesse-standalone.jar?

          The fitnesse.jar only contains the classes of fitnesse itself, but not the dependencies.

          Gregor

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2013

            Sorry for my late answer, I was sick for a week, and so did not care to read or write emails.

            Yes Gregor, you are right, I am using the fitnesse-standalone.jar.

            Isn’t it amusing to call it stand alone, when dependencies are missing ?

            I found some libraries, most include the (complete?) wiki stuff, some stuff is double, but some is missing.

            Is there a doc explaining the various libs, versions & content?

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 11, 2013
              Hi Wolfgang,

              can you give an example of what you are doing and which classes you are missing?

              Have you tried to put the  fitnesse-standalone.jar in the !path list as well.

              Gregor

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 11, 2013

                This is the error, I get, when trying this test from the fitnessse book:

                Fig5TestDiscountVariousTables

                java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: fitlibrary/DoFixture

                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)

                        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

                        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

                        at fit.FixtureLoader.loadFixtureClass(FixtureLoader.java:67)

                        at fit.FixtureLoader.instantiateFixture(FixtureLoader.java:60)

                        at fit.FixtureLoader.instantiateFirstValidFixtureClass(FixtureLoader.java:84)

                        at fit.FixtureLoader.disgraceThenLoad(FixtureLoader.java:44)

                        at fit.Fixture.loadFixture(Fixture.java:140)

                        at fit.Fixture.getLinkedFixtureWithArgs(Fixture.java:132)

                        at fit.Fixture.doTables(Fixture.java:77)

                        at fit.FitServer.process(FitServer.java:81)

                        at fit.FitServer.run(FitServer.java:56)

                        at fit.FitServer.main(FitServer.java:41)

                Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fitlibrary.DoFixture

                        ... 24 more

                In fact, I have ’em all:

                ! define TEST_RUNNER {fitlibrary.suite.FitLibraryServer}

                !path fitlibrary-20080812.jar

                !path xfitlibrary-2.0.jar

                !path fitnesse-standaone.jar

                !path lib/fitnesse.jar

                !path lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar

                !path FitNesseRoot/Examples/BookExampleTables/build

                !path FitNesseRoot/Examples/RPS/build

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 11, 2013
                  Please try shorten your path entries to the following ones:

                  !path fitlibrary-2.0.jar

                  !path fitnesse-standaone.jar

                  !path lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar

                  !path FitNesseRoot/Examples/BookExampleTables/build

                  !path FitNesseRoot/Examples/RPS/build

                  Then let us know, whether this worked.

                  Best
                  Markus

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 11, 2013

                    I did with the following result:

                    Standard Error:

                    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: fit/FitServer

                    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fit.FitServer

                    Could not find the main class: fit.FitServer.  Program will exit.