Re: [fitnesse] Re: lastest code hangs previous working tests

  • Mike Clark
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1 6:46 AM
      stevegreywilson wrote:

      > The hanging web page is very strange and difficult to debug.

      By chance are you running FitNesse on Unix?

      I'm curious, as I've observed hanging web pages on that platform only,
      and then only intermittently. It could be just that specific Unix
      machine I suppose. Hitting the "Stop" button in the browser, then
      hitting the "Test" button again seems to clear up the problem. I'd
      submit a report, if I knew what to write.

      Mike
    • stevegreywilson
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1 9:10 AM
        Mike,

        I'm not running on Unix but the crazy thing is I did as you suggested
        and now it works!!!!!!
        What's causes this problem I do not know but thanks for the help

        Steve

        --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Mike Clark <mike@c...> wrote:
        > stevegreywilson wrote:
        >
        > > The hanging web page is very strange and difficult to debug.
        >

        > By chance are you running FitNesse on Unix?
        >
        > I'm curious, as I've observed hanging web pages on that platform
        only,
        > and then only intermittently. It could be just that specific Unix
        > machine I suppose. Hitting the "Stop" button in the browser, then
        > hitting the "Test" button again seems to clear up the problem. I'd
        > submit a report, if I knew what to write.
        >
        > Mike
      • stevegreywilson
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2 8:38 AM
          Well its back! The stop does nothing and the web page is hanging again

          --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "stevegreywilson" <steve_grey-
          wilson@c...> wrote:
          > Mike,
          >
          > I'm not running on Unix but the crazy thing is I did as you
          suggested
          > and now it works!!!!!!
          > What's causes this problem I do not know but thanks for the help
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Mike Clark <mike@c...> wrote:
          > > stevegreywilson wrote:
          > >
          > > > The hanging web page is very strange and difficult to debug.
          > >

          > > By chance are you running FitNesse on Unix?
          > >
          > > I'm curious, as I've observed hanging web pages on that platform
          > only,
          > > and then only intermittently. It could be just that specific
          Unix
          > > machine I suppose. Hitting the "Stop" button in the browser,
          then
          > > hitting the "Test" button again seems to clear up the problem.
          I'd
          > > submit a report, if I knew what to write.
          > >
          > > Mike
        • stevegreywilson
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2 9:33 AM
            I think I have found the problem - On my server I run pcanywhere as a
            host - If I kill it, Fitnesse runs fine. pcanywhere seems to be
            blocking java related code - I was just trying out netbeans 3.5.1 and
            tried to install latest. The main install window would not appear
            although it was in the servioces tasks. Then I remembered that if I
            kill pcanywhere host it installs fine.

            Crazy !!

            Steve

            wilson@c...> wrote:
            > Well its back! The stop does nothing and the web page is hanging
            again

            > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "stevegreywilson" <steve_grey-
            > wilson@c...> wrote:
            > > Mike,
            > >
            > > I'm not running on Unix but the crazy thing is I did as you
            > suggested
            > > and now it works!!!!!!
            > > What's causes this problem I do not know but thanks for the help
            > >
            > > Steve
            > >
            > > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Mike Clark <mike@c...> wrote:

            > > > By chance are you running FitNesse on Unix?
            > > >
            > > > I'm curious, as I've observed hanging web pages on that
            platform
            > > only,
            > > > and then only intermittently. It could be just that specific
            > Unix
            > > > machine I suppose. Hitting the "Stop" button in the browser,
            > then
            > > > hitting the "Test" button again seems to clear up the problem.
            > I'd
            > > > submit a report, if I knew what to write.
            > > >
            > > > Mike
          • Micah Martin
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2 11:24 AM
              *Whew* I was getting nervous that we'd never figure it out.
              Thanks for the report!

              Micah

              Micah Martin - micah@...
              Software Developer - Object Mentor, Inc.
              www.objectmentor.com