Re: Sort order for test history

  • mrjorish
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2009
      Dear all,

      Does anybody know whether it is possible or not to sort the test history?

      Thanks,
      Jorish

      --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have posted this question a few days ago, but for some reason it seems to be filtered and not shown in the list of threads. Sorry if I just miss my thread and make a double post.
      >

      > In my test history my tests are grouped per suite and then when I click a suite I get a list with the test results for this suite.
      >
      > I have two questions:
      > * In the suite group page, is it possible to sort the list to show the suite list in alphabetic order?
      >
      > * In the list of the individual test results, the list is by default sorted in time order. Is it possible to have it sorted in reverse time order to have the latest result at the top instead of bottom?
      >

      > Regards,
      > Jorish

    • gfbrols
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2009
        Apparently, it should be possible to sort the results in the velocity templates (testResults.vm) using Velocity SortTool but I guess it has to be instanciated in the Java

        Regards,

        Gafal

        --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Does anybody know whether it is possible or not to sort the test history?
        >

        > Thanks,
        > Jorish
        >

        > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I have posted this question a few days ago, but for some reason it seems to be filtered and not shown in the list of threads. Sorry if I just miss my thread and make a double post.
        > >

        > > In my test history my tests are grouped per suite and then when I click a suite I get a list with the test results for this suite.
        > >
        > > I have two questions:
        > > * In the suite group page, is it possible to sort the list to show the suite list in alphabetic order?
        > >
        > > * In the list of the individual test results, the list is by default sorted in time order. Is it possible to have it sorted in reverse time order to have the latest result at the top instead of bottom?
        > >

        > > Regards,
        > > Jorish

      • mrjorish
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2009
          Well,

          I am thinking more of an option or setting or reconfiguration of some file somewhere to have a static sorting. I always want to have my data sorted in the same way.

          I am not looking for any option to click in the GUI to get it sorted, that is overkill, but if that is an easier option to activate, I can use that as well.

          Note, I am running windows environment if it makes any difference.

          Regards,
          Jorish

          --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "gfbrols" <gfbrols@...> wrote:

          > Apparently, it should be possible to sort the results in the velocity templates (testResults.vm) using Velocity SortTool but I guess it has to be instanciated in the Java
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Gafal
          >
          > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > Does anybody know whether it is possible or not to sort the test history?
          > >

          > > Thanks,
          > > Jorish
          > >

          > > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi,
          > > >
          > > > I have posted this question a few days ago, but for some reason it seems to be filtered and not shown in the list of threads. Sorry if I just miss my thread and make a double post.
          > > >

          > > > In my test history my tests are grouped per suite and then when I click a suite I get a list with the test results for this suite.
          > > >
          > > > I have two questions:
          > > > * In the suite group page, is it possible to sort the list to show the suite list in alphabetic order?
          > > >
          > > > * In the list of the individual test results, the list is by default sorted in time order. Is it possible to have it sorted in reverse time order to have the latest result at the top instead of bottom?
          > > >

          > > > Regards,
          > > > Jorish

        • mrjorish
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
            Hi,

            Judging of the number of replies, it may not be possible to do what i want. Then I try another approach.

            When I first set-up our structure the folders for the different test suites were sorted alphabetically (probably because of some lucky coincidence). And it remained like this for a while.

            Then suddenly one day, following one of the environment changes I did, the suites became sorted differently. And now several weeks later it always shows up in this same, but unwanted, sorting.

            So the sorting is not changing over time, but is depending on something in my environment. The problem is that I do not know what. Can any one provide some suggestions what to look for so I can set my environment back to how it once was?

            Thanks,
            Jorish

            --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@...> wrote:

            > Well,
            >
            > I am thinking more of an option or setting or reconfiguration of some file somewhere to have a static sorting. I always want to have my data sorted in the same way.
            >
            > I am not looking for any option to click in the GUI to get it sorted, that is overkill, but if that is an easier option to activate, I can use that as well.
            >
            > Note, I am running windows environment if it makes any difference.
            >

            > Regards,
            > Jorish
            >

            > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "gfbrols" <gfbrols@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Apparently, it should be possible to sort the results in the velocity templates (testResults.vm) using Velocity SortTool but I guess it has to be instanciated in the Java
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Gafal
            > >
            > > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Dear all,
            > > >
            > > > Does anybody know whether it is possible or not to sort the test history?
            > > >

            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Jorish

          • Gregor Gramlich
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 24, 2009
              Hi Jorish,

              you find the reason why you have a different order of the Suite
              execution than before here
              http://blog.objectmentor.com/articles/2009/08/13/to-test-the-untestable-bug

              basically if you have a SuiteSetUp for a sub suite that Suite will be
              run before a Suite that has no SuiteSetUp

              Gregor

              2009/10/9 mrjorish <mrjorish@...>

              > Hi,
              >
              > Judging of the number of replies, it may not be possible to do what i want. Then I try another approach.
              >
              > When I first set-up our structure the folders for the different test suites were sorted alphabetically (probably because of some lucky coincidence). And it remained like this for a while.
              >
              > Then suddenly one day, following one of the environment changes I did, the suites became sorted differently. And now several weeks later it always shows up in this same, but unwanted, sorting.
              >
              > So the sorting is not changing over time, but is depending on something in my environment. The problem is that I do not know what. Can any one provide some suggestions what to look for so I can set my environment back to how it once was?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Jorish
              >
              > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Well,
              > >
              > > I am thinking more of an option or setting or reconfiguration of some file somewhere to have a static sorting. I always want to have my data sorted in the same way.
              > >
              > > I am not looking for any option to click in the GUI to get it sorted, that is overkill, but if that is an easier option to activate, I can use that as well.
              > >
              > > Note, I am running windows environment if it makes any difference.
              > >

              > > Regards,
              > > Jorish
              > >

              > > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "gfbrols" <gfbrols@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Apparently, it should be possible to sort the results in the velocity templates (testResults.vm) using Velocity SortTool but I guess it has to be instanciated in the Java
              > > >
              > > > Regards,
              > > >
              > > > Gafal

            • mrjorish
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 29, 2009
                Hi,

                Thanks for your reply and it was an interesting blog text, indeed.

                In my case this is not the answer, unfortunately.

                I did have a few tests with SetUp and TearDown pages and I thought I can very well remove those tests (or rewrite them) if that makes my life easier. Said and done. But it does not affect the sort order for me.

                Thanks for your concern anyhow.

                // Johan

                --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Gregor Gramlich <gramlich@...> wrote:

                > Hi Jorish,
                >
                > you find the reason why you have a different order of the Suite
                > execution than before here
                > http://blog.objectmentor.com/articles/2009/08/13/to-test-the-untestable-bug
                >
                > basically if you have a SuiteSetUp for a sub suite that Suite will be
                > run before a Suite that has no SuiteSetUp
                >
                > Gregor
                >

                > 2009/10/9 mrjorish <mrjorish@...>
                > >

                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > Judging of the number of replies, it may not be possible to do what i want. Then I try another approach.
                > >
                > > When I first set-up our structure the folders for the different test suites were sorted alphabetically (probably because of some lucky coincidence). And it remained like this for a while.
                > >
                > > Then suddenly one day, following one of the environment changes I did, the suites became sorted differently. And now several weeks later it always shows up in this same, but unwanted, sorting.
                > >
                > > So the sorting is not changing over time, but is depending on something in my environment. The problem is that I do not know what. Can any one provide some suggestions what to look for so I can set my environment back to how it once was?
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Jorish
                > >
                > > --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "mrjorish" <mrjorish@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Well,
                > > >
                > > > I am thinking more of an option or setting or reconfiguration of some file somewhere to have a static sorting. I always want to have my data sorted in the same way.
                > > >
                > > > I am not looking for any option to click in the GUI to get it sorted, that is overkill, but if that is an easier option to activate, I can use that as well.
                > > >
                > > > Note, I am running windows environment if it makes any difference.
                > > >

                > > > Regards,
                > > > Jorish

              • Robert Martin
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2009

                  Re: Sort order for test history

                  Posted by: "mrjorish" mrjorish@...   mrjorish

                  Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:31 am (PDT)

                  I've added 'Test History Sorting' as a story in Lighthouse.

                  ----
                  Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob@...
                  Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  blog.objectmentor.com
                  The Agile Transition Experts  | web:   www.objectmentor.com
                  800-338-6716                  | twitter: unclebobmartin

                • mrjorish
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 3, 2009
                    Nice, thanks.