Spaces in folder names and Fitnesse

  • Shalini
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hi,

      Does fitnesse work well with folder names with spaces? I am having some trouble with the following path on my test wiki page -

      !path D:\\Java\\Workspaces\\MyEclipse 7.0\\WebServiceProj\\bin\\WebService\\

      How do I fix this?

      Thanks,
      Shalini
    • Etienne Charignon
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
        Did you try without the double \\, but with simple ones ?

        --
        √Čtienne Charignon
        http://etienne.charignon.free.fr
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
          Yes tried that - then the wiki page throws an error saying "could not find fixture..."

          --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, Etienne Charignon <etienne.charignon@...> wrote:

          > Did you try without the double \\, but with simple ones ?
          > !path D:\Java\Workspaces\MyEclipse 7.0\WebServiceProj\bin\WebService\
          >

          > 2009/3/31 Shalini <rshalucse@...>
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Does fitnesse work well with folder names with spaces? I am having some
          > > trouble with the following path on my test wiki page -
          > >
          > > !path D:\\Java\\Workspaces\\MyEclipse
          > > 7.0\\WebServiceProj\\bin\\WebService\\
          > >
          > > How do I fix this?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Shalini
          > >

          > --
          > √Čtienne Charignon
          > http://etienne.charignon.free.fr
          > 06 79 77 53 35

        • Robert Martin
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
            > Spaces in folder names and FitnessePosted by: "Shalini" rshalucse@...
            > rshalucseWed Apr 1, 2009 4:25 am (PDT)
            > Hi,
            >
            > Does fitnesse work well with folder names with spaces? I am having
            > some trouble with the following path on my test wiki page -
            >
            > !path D:\\Java\\Workspaces\\MyEclipse 7.0\\WebServiceProj\\bin\
            > \WebService\\
            >
            > How do I fix this?

            Spaces can be a problem in some operating systems. Others seem not to
            care so much. If I were you I'd change the directory names to
            eliminate the spaces.

            ----
            Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) | email: unclebob@...
            Object Mentor Inc. | blog: blog.objectmentor.com
            The Agile Transition Experts | web: www.objectmentor.com
            800-338-6716 | twitter: unclebobmartin